Remastered "Kill Uncle" cover?

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey - Kill Uncle (CD/2xVinyl) and 'Playboys' (CD/Vinyl 72) - Spin CDS

Posted by Alan
Posted on February 25, 2013

All available on April 8th.

"Morrissey’s 2nd studio album ‘Kill Uncle’ has now been remastered by Bill Inglot and comes housed in a gatefold digipack, with completely re-designed artwork including rare contemporary photos whilst the infamous track ‘There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends’ has now been swapped from the original album version to the US E.P. version.

The remastered version of ‘Kill Uncle’ is also available as a 2LP gatefold vinyl, with the same re-designed art"

kill_uncle_remastered.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
I think what bothers me most is the font. I mean, at least it's not papyrus...And of course Kevin Cummins likes it, it's his photograph. :p

I think what bothers me most is the font. I mean, at least it's not papyrus...And of course Kevin Cummins likes it, it's his photograph. :p

For some reason, that font reminds me of the one for this (making the choice perfectly in keeping with the STATION TO STATION font-homage on the SOUTHPAW re-release....) I certainly could be mistaken; I'm quite ignorant about fonts and other graphic design matters. But I think it's the shape of the "E" (and the coloring) that makes me see a resemblance....

http://www.forcefieldpr.com/photos/OCT252010/FP1232_TRex_Slider_CoverSMALL.jpg

Holy crap! How many times are people going to buy the same music???? These reissues are a huge rip off.

I prefer the original. In fact I object most stongly. Would McCartney try to reissue Beatles For Sale with a different cover, track listing. I love Kill Uncle I stand by it. Just because everyone seems to consider it weak. I played it constantly and if "Our Frank" ever comes on I'm up.

I prefer the original. In fact I object most stongly. Would McCartney try to reissue Beatles For Sale with a different cover, track listing. I love Kill Uncle I stand by it. Just because everyone seems to consider it weak. I played it constantly and if "Our Frank" ever comes on I'm up.

Our Frank is my fave on Kill uncle;) I think it is a fine album and wish M would play a tune or two on his current tour(wishful thinking I'm sure). I think "Mute Witness" would work well live with current band or "There's a place in Hell for me and my Friends"

I probably will buy it...alas I can't help myself:p

It looks like one of us did it. Like those horrible jpegs Mcrickson posts with awful font on them.

- marred.

Holy crap! How many times are people going to buy the same music???? These reissues are a huge rip off.

I wouldn't mind some solid 180 gram vinyl remasters of the Morrissey back catalogue similar to the Smiths re-releases we got a few years back. But I'd like them with the original track listing, original album covers, etc. Not some sort of weird do over that merely manages to make the original worst. I did appreciate the Bona Drag vinyl release though.

Would it have been so hard to include both versions of There's a Place? (and/or Sing Your Life?). Could've stood a nice little record of how drastically Morrissey's sound changed when the Lads became his live band and future collaborators.

Good photo, very interesting shade of yellow -- eye catching. Does look more like a magazine feature photo, though.

You are absolutely right. My eyes must have been playing ticks on me earlier. I guess I desperately wanted to see the original cover, somewhere, anywhere...

Agreed. The original Kill Uncle has a great sleeve.

I've never been that impressed by Morrissey sleeves. The early ones were pretty good, Suedehead, EILS, ID, Viva Hate, but later some of the singles seemed rushed, and a few seemed to give not a damn.

I was spoilt by those classic Smiths covers I suppose.

I agree with those defending Kill Uncle; it is not his strongest record, but it is exponentially better than most of the pedestrian, boring crap that others have produced. "I'm Driving Your Girlfriend Home" is amazing, and there are many other bright spots to be enjoyed. As for the photos, not sure if they are an improvement, but the more I see them, the more I lick them! YUMMMMMMMM!!!!

He looks beautiful in the photo but not a nice background.

It should stand out on record shop shelves though!

Come on Moz , it is about time you let the world know about KU cover !

Cheers Moz

I think mine shits on the possible official artwork...

32zj66a.jpg

Absolutely excellent! Great work there. That cover and a better track-listing might have made the reissue worthwhile. Thanks to iTunes I always to a Kill Uncle playlist of:

Our Frank
King Leer
Asian Rut
Sing Your Life
Mute Witness
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
My Love Life
Tony The Pony
Pregnant For The Last Time
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
There Is A Place For Me and My Friends
The Loop

Which works for me.

That. Is. Superb.

I see a future for that as replacement artwork for one of my bootlegs.

Thanks Johnny B, I always think when it comes to the Moz covers, less is more. I can't quite make out what the official re-issue artwork is meant to be like, I think the font used on it is the same as Electric Warrior by T-Rex (which we know Moz loves) but that's the only real similarity it has with Moz's re-issue. As for the colours they're awful.

Thanks for the kind comments anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom