Roll Call: Boston

Anyone willing to meet up in person? I'd love to see some of the faces of you guys I've been corresponding w/ on here! :D

All the tix were GA. No seats were sold. Based on reports from previous Boston HOB shows, it seems that the 3rd balcony will be mostly reserved for VIPs. The 2nd balcony seating will be first come, first served. (see comments in the other Boston thread, near the end...)

I'll be there!

There were seats sold. I have a seat in the stadium seating on the third level behind the VIP boxes. My ticket says STADM with a row and then a seat number, not GA.

My friend went to a show at the HOB last week and said the floor and the second floor are all GA without seats. It's first come first served and they close off either or once it's at capacity.

Here are some pics I found on Flickr giving a better idea of the layout of the floors.
If if doesn't show up, here's the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinrheault/3367711785/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/baumannphoto/3342884353/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcarvalh/3316178443/

Last edited:
Weather.com says rain all day Sunday. :(

Cloudy, periods of rain. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s.

yesterday I had no desire to wait in line all day but now I'm rethinking it...come on moz posse we can pull it out and wait in line all day to be feet away from the man...

Still not queueing, but you can look for me w/ two-tone, long hair with flowers in it. Probably rocking a '50s-inspired look. With my sister, who is also a pretty girl. :)

Will definitely be standing on the Boz side of the room (looking at the stage, it's the left, although technically, it's "stage right"), regardless of how close we do or don't get to the stage, since Moz spends more time over there.

--jeniphir

The weather will determine how early I get there. Probably will be wearing in Ireland Rugby shirt (green with big O2 in center). Can't wait after last night's so-so show.

I will be there,my last of the shows until new mexico and oakland. I tried ticketmaster lastnight and today and nothing came up

Looks like they just split the line into two. One for GA and one for people that bought HOB merchandise

And after getting an entire shirt at the Webster Hall....

I GOT ANOTHER ENTIRE SHIRT IN BOSTON!!!!

shirt_boston.jpg

Good show, I thought. Moz was in a very good mood, it seemed.

"Sorry Doesn't Help" is much better live than on record. He has also made a subtle change to the way he sings "Thats How People Grow Up" which really works, believe it or not. He doesn't drag out "Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaats" anymore and shortens "grooooooooooow" but instead matter-of-factly sings "Thats how people groooow up."

I have always loved "Best Friend on the Payroll" so its good that he is playing it.

"Death of a Disco Dancer" is getting stale and is a bit of a bore, IMO (though the lightshow was pretty cool.) The show would have flowed much better if this was replaced by one upbeat solo classic from 1988-1997. Almost anything would have worked..... even "Sister I'm a Poet" again.

Overall, an enjoyable evening. I will say that its a little frustrating that Moz made a mess out of "First of the Gang" by not even really trying to properly sing any of the words except the two "Hector" choruses and "away away away" at the end. He spent his time running back and forth, shaking hands, encouraging stage invaders, etc. (there were several valiant attempts, no successes.) Granted I've heard this song about 30 times live but I do quite like it still (unlike Bored) and it was really stomped on last night, which evidentally he has been doing much of the tour (though in Myrtle Beach, where it was played mid-set, it was sung normally.)

Anyway, time for work.

Last edited:
Tags
flaxownage
Back
Top Bottom