Morrissey Central "Send me the pillow" (November 26, 2023)

wednesdays dancing was so good,lurch needs a bit of work.

Because videos will often be on a fan's social media or SER's social media before going on to Central.
Yes, some fans forward stuff to Sam, in the hope of getting noticed and being posted on Central. All Sam does is filter through this stuff and send some on to Morrissey, who ultimately decides what he wants posted on his website. Sam has previously stated that he is not responsible for what gets posted on Central - Moz is in charge.

I think the idea that ALL of this crap comes from fans, and that Morrissey doesn't stumble across some of this stuff himself is pretty naive. Clearly this guy knows how Youtube works, as his into consists of nothing other than YouTube videos. This dancing meme is so outdated and overused that I can easily imagine it was found by Morrissey himself whilst browsing - as with 'cat nodding head whilst listening to The Smiths' it's got a real 'old man on the internet' vibe about it - but yes, it could come from either source.

The ones I think we can be most sure come directly from Moz are those ones where it's 15 different Youtube videos of amateurs covering the same song. I can't imagine anyone other than Morrissey himself being that anal.

Yes, some fans forward stuff to Sam, in the hope of getting noticed and being posted on Central. All Sam does is filter through this stuff and send some on to Morrissey, who ultimately decides what he wants posted on his website. Sam has previously stated that he is not responsible for what gets posted on Central - Moz is in charge.

I think the idea that ALL of this crap comes from fans, and that Morrissey doesn't stumble across some of this stuff himself is pretty naive. Clearly this guy knows how Youtube works, as his into consists of nothing other than YouTube videos. This dancing meme is so outdated and overused that I can easily imagine it was found by Morrissey himself whilst browsing - as with 'cat nodding head whilst listening to The Smiths' it's got a real 'old man on the internet' vibe about it - but yes, it could come from either source.

The ones I think we can be most sure come directly from Moz are those ones where it's 15 different Youtube videos of amateurs covering the same song. I can't imagine anyone other than Morrissey himself being that anal.
It's one of the 3 people trying to kill Morrissey's carreer in the UK. Poor Sam can't keep up with net security, these guys are so pro they always find a way to post on Central....with thelp of the time traveller NME journalists, of course.

"His website" isn't any different to the chaos that is his Facebook, Instagram & Twitter accounts run by other people & he used to put his statements on SER's Facebook page & Julia's True To You.

"His website" isn't any different to the chaos that is his Facebook, Instagram & Twitter accounts run by other people & he used to put his statements on SER's Facebook page & Julia's True To You.
I miss True to You, probably my favourite Morrissey site

True to you without Julia + Sam, etc = Central.

Exactly! I mean the whole Preshow-Youtube-Video-montage without any regard to the quality of the youtube video screams "old man on the internet" to me (and I don't mean that in a bad way, it's one of the few things I find strangely endearing about him). And it's so fitting, I mean in the old days he browsed the magazines and watched TV for inspiration, YouTube would just be the modern day version of it and I mean for his young self this would be heaven, just searching what you want and browsing through the suggestions. What made him search the Smiths though...

What happened to Julia? Is she dead?
There was a brief tussle for control with Sam over who would be the official mouthpiece, which she inevitably lost. Beyond that, no one really knows.

There was a brief tussle for control with Sam over who would be the official mouthpiece, which she inevitably lost. Beyond that, no one really knows.

But supposedly Sam has nothing to do with Central. Oh this is all soooo confusing.

He probably thought the video was cool. I think it’s a sweet post.

Moz can have my pillow…it will most likely have his face on it, though…

Back
Top Bottom