Someone hacked into my computer last night...

dothewatusi

I had put my computer to sleep, and yet, in the middle of the night, the external harddrive was lit up. This morning I discovered that files on my desktop were renamed. :eek: I suspect that it's through the file sharing that I do. :( Any thoughts on how to keep them out?

I had put my computer to sleep, and yet, in the middle of the night, the external harddrive was lit up. This morning I discovered that files on my desktop were renamed. :eek: I suspect that it's through the file sharing that I do. :( Any thoughts on how to keep them out?

Stop file-sharing. Turn your computer off at night. Get some anti-virus software. Change your socks on a regular basis.

Run an antivirus check
run anti spyware check
change your passwords
stop filesharing
turn off when not using computer
always back up important files on another drive/ CD's
get a mac
get Linux

pray :pray:

Stop file-sharing. Turn your computer off at night. Get some anti-virus software. Change your socks on a regular basis.

How can I stop file sharing, when there are so many things to download? :) DAD, Smithstorrents and UKNova are the only ones I use. I'll have to forgo that ratio thing for now. Yeah, I'll turn the computer off at night. By the way, it's a mac.

How can I stop file sharing, when there are so many things to download? :) DAD, Smithstorrents and UKNova are the only ones I use. I'll have to forgo that ratio thing for now. Yeah, I'll turn the computer off at night. By the way, it's a mac.

oh, well i talked with an expert and dude
you downloaded something that granted somebody access to your computer
check when the files were last modified that changed
then check when something right before then was installed
thats the program you need to get rid of
of course, all this is easy from a command line(which is where i would do it)
but it may be a little more difficult for you :o

oh, well i talked with an expert and dude
you downloaded something that granted somebody access to your computer
check when the files were last modified that changed
then check when something right before then was installed
thats the program you need to get rid of
of course, all this is easy from a command line(which is where i would do it)
but it may be a little more difficult for you :o
Thanks, Robby. I will do some investigation and try to find out where the problem file is and get it off my computer.

Back
Top Bottom