Stephen King's next novel

"The ‘Salem’s Lot’ Remake and 10 Other Brand New Stephen King Movies Coming Soon!"

Still rereading 11/22/63, and this made me smile! I must've spotted this when I read the book the first time. Can't remember.

Anyway, possible spoiler! So stop reading, or rather, go and borrow, buy or steal the book and read it!

Take a look at Sadie's married name:

IMG-3332.jpg

The same surname as Clara Clayton from Back To The Future Part III. Which is fab!

OK. This thread has been 99.9% positive towards Stephen King. Which is as it should be!

However, some didn't/don't like Stephen King's work. King knows it too.

One literary critic that wasn't a fan was Harold Bloom.

Harold Bloom was full of self-importance an American literary critic.

This is what Harold Bloom had to say about Stephen King after his criticism of the Harry Potter novels:

Ok, he was plugging a book, however, he does posit whether the readers of Harry Potter will go on to read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and on to Mark Twain, Hemingway and Jane Austen. He then had a dig at Stephen King. Which wasn't nice!

But that dig got me thinking.

There's a character in Stephen King's The Stand that I hate with a passion.

His name is Harold Lauder.

Same first name as Harold Bloom.

The definition of Lauder is, "Someone who communicates high praise".

Which is exactly what Harold Bloom did for "literary" writers.

Coincidence?

I think not!

The thing is, a lot of young readers would've read Alice and Tom Sawyer before Harry Potter. Which makes Bloom a bit of a snob.

Just to make Bloom turn in his grave; Any one gut eny thunks on eny literrary stuffs purrtanein too whut haz beans wrote!

King on Bloom:

"But that attitude continues to this day. Literary critic Harold Bloom viciously ripped into you when you won the National Book Award about 10 years ago.

Bloom never pissed me off because there are critics out there, and he’s one of them, who take their ignorance about popular culture as a badge of intellectual prowess. He might be able to say that Mark Twain is a great writer, but it’s impossible for him to say that there’s a direct line of descent from, say, Nathaniel Hawthorne to Jim Thompson because he doesn’t read guys like Thompson. He just thinks, “I never read him, but I know he’s terrible.”"

Holy f***!

Gwendy's Final Task (Spoilers below)
From Good Reads:

"Jasmine [wrote]

What a fantastic way to wrap up this series! I’m going to be honest in saying that I was curious about how Final Task would measure up to Button Box, and I’m pleased to say that King and Chizmar saved the best for last. It's beyond comforting how The Dark Tower was tied up nicely within these pages, too. Final Task will be another instant recommendation to our customers at work.

Thanks so much to Edelweiss, the publisher, and authors for this eARC in exchange for an honest review!"

"Kiki [wrote]

I was lucky to get an ARC copy. This last book in the trilogy wraps up Gwendy's adventures and marks her spot within King's DT multiverse. Even without an actual firearm, our Gwendy turns out to be quite a gunslinger and she makes the ultimate sacrifice protecting The Dark Tower. "There are other worlds than these.""

"The ‘Salem’s Lot’ Remake and 10 Other Brand New Stephen King Movies Coming Soon!"

...Talking about SK film adaptations, I :lbf: when in the new "Ghostsbusters", the teacher makes the kid watch... "Cujo".
Seriously though, it's the only film I refuse to watch, because it could well make me scared of dogs. Which would be silly, considering.
I bet the book is even scarier, it always is!

...Talking about SK film adaptations, I :lbf: when in the new "Ghostsbusters", the teacher makes the kid watch... "Cujo".
Seriously though, it's the only film I refuse to watch, because it could well make me scared of dogs. Which would be silly, considering.
I bet the book is even scarier, it always is!

Always!

This is bloody interesting!

The untold story of Stephen King and Steven Spielberg's (almost) collaborations [2018 article]

Excerpt:

"“I don’t know how Stephen King and I aren’t related by blood,” says Spielberg, 71. “I cannot believe that part of Stephen King is not Jewish, and I can’t believe that we haven’t actually made a movie together. I really think Stephen and I have a spiritual connection in terms of the movies and the stories we love to tell.”"

Lots more here:

Yes!!!

"Stephen King Announces New Novel ‘Holly’

Today Stephen King was the featured guest on Scott Wampler and Eric Vespe’s The Kingcast podcast. The interview was fantastic and you can listen to it below!

During their discussion, the prolific author shared that he’s revisiting a character from his past work, with one of his next novels set to be titled Holly.

The new book will center on the character Holly Gibney, a character from the Mr. Mercedes books who also appeared in The Outsider and If It Bleeds.

“I could never let Holly Gibney go, from the Mr. Mercedes books,” King shared with The Kingcast. “I mean, she was supposed to be a walk-on character and she just kind of stole the book and stole my heart and so… I just finished a novel that’s called Holly and it’s all her, man.”"

Back
Top Bottom