sweetie pie info

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
from tony visconti website

It has been an exciting time since the last news report. Morrissey’s Ringleader of The Tormenters (ROTT, as it is affectionately called) charted very well across Europe, #1 in many places. I spent additional production hours on six new songs recorded for B-sides. “Ganglord” and “If You Don’t Like Me” could have been A-sides, both powerful and catchy as acknowledged by Moz’s live audiences all over Europe. “Sweetie Pie” has turned into a macabre dreamscape. It started as a lush ballad back in Rome and has evolved into something quite different. Kristeen Young’s voice made it into the final mix, I’m proud to say.

Powers beyond my control and expectation have put Kristeen Young on stage opening for Moz since April. This was no arm-twister (Moz has an untwistable arm), Ms. Young got there on her own artistic merits. As I write she and drummer Baby Jeff White are about to embark on the next leg of the ROTT tour taking them to Mexico, Chicago, Greece, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom. Her single, “London Cry” is out in December on Sanctuary Records.

cossy:) :)

from tony visconti website

It has been an exciting time since the last news report. Morrissey’s Ringleader of The Tormenters (ROTT, as it is affectionately called) charted very well across Europe, #1 in many places. I spent additional production hours on six new songs recorded for B-sides. “Ganglord” and “If You Don’t Like Me” could have been A-sides, both powerful and catchy as acknowledged by Moz’s live audiences all over Europe. “Sweetie Pie” has turned into a macabre dreamscape. It started as a lush ballad back in Rome and has evolved into something quite different. Kristeen Young’s voice made it into the final mix, I’m proud to say.

Powers beyond my control and expectation have put Kristeen Young on stage opening for Moz since April. This was no arm-twister (Moz has an untwistable arm), Ms. Young got there on her own artistic merits. As I write she and drummer Baby Jeff White are about to embark on the next leg of the ROTT tour taking them to Mexico, Chicago, Greece, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom. Her single, “London Cry” is out in December on Sanctuary Records.

cossy:) :)

Six b-sides eh?

So that would be Good Looking Man About Town, I Knew I was Next, Human Being, If You Don't Like Me Don't Look At Me, Ganglord, A Song From Under The Floorboards, Christian Dior, Sweetie Pie and the unreleased Children In Pieces. So 9 b-sides. Or 8, if we're being pernickity. Wonder which ones he spent extra production time on then?

Peter

Six b-sides eh?

So that would be Good Looking Man About Town, I Knew I was Next, Human Being, If You Don't Like Me Don't Look At Me, Ganglord, A Song From Under The Floorboards, Christian Dior, Sweetie Pie and the unreleased Children In Pieces. So 9 b-sides. Or 8, if we're being pernickity. Wonder which ones he spent extra production time on then?

Peter
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say "Christian Dior".

Wow i didn't know Kristeen Youngs' voice featured on "Sweetie Pie". Looking forward to it muchly

Maybe he is not including the 2 cover versions in the six. He actually says he worked on 'six new songs recorded for B sides' which would be Good looking Man, I Knew I was next, Ganglord, If you don't like me, CD, and Sweetie-Pie.
joe.

i'm not a big fan of kristeen young's voice
i think i can't listen to one of her songs start to finsih
what can i say, i compare almost all female vocalists to julie london and well, if young sounded anything like her, id wish ms london a nice eternity in hell. but julie's good...oh she is.
i dunno. i never really liked kate bush so.....

Maybe he is not including the 2 cover versions in the six. He actually says he worked on 'six new songs recorded for B sides' which would be Good looking Man, I Knew I was next, Ganglord, If you don't like me, CD, and Sweetie-Pie.
joe.

Ah yes, that's a fair point. It means a couple of things though - (and I'm not sorry I keep going on about this) - the magnificent Children In Pieces won't see the light of day (sigh), and secondly, the supply of b-sides has now been exhausted, so that's it for new releases for now. Unless we get a Live At Earls Court type release. So, what will happen next regarding new recordings? I get a feeling of building-to-an-end with this tour. The inclusion of old favourites in the set, the rumour about NYD at G-Mex, the yet-to-appear autobiography (that he signed a lucrative deal for some time ago). I just begin to wonder if we'll see another release? But then folk said that after Quarry...

Peter

Ah yes, that's a fair point. It means a couple of things though - (and I'm not sorry I keep going on about this) - the magnificent Children In Pieces won't see the light of day (sigh), and secondly, the supply of b-sides has now been exhausted, so that's it for new releases for now. Unless we get a Live At Earls Court type release. So, what will happen next regarding new recordings? I get a feeling of building-to-an-end with this tour. The inclusion of old favourites in the set, the rumour about NYD at G-Mex, the yet-to-appear autobiography (that he signed a lucrative deal for some time ago). I just begin to wonder if we'll see another release? But then folk said that after Quarry...

Peter
He did? I never knew that, I only knew that he'd mentioned he was writing one. Is that a confirmed piece of info?

yes, but as far as I remember he said that he hadn't signed a contract yet. I can't remember where and when he said it though, it was either in a magazine or in one of those Q&As on True-To-You, but it was this year. Any interview geek out there who can help me out? :confused:

EDIT: found it. Someone kindly scanned an interview from an Austrian magazine for me a few months ago, here it is

Translation (sorry for my poor grammar, I'm not used to translating anymore)
Interviewer: Are the rumours true that you have been offered £ 2 million for your autobiography and that you rejected the offer...
Moz: ...and that I said that the money isn't enough? That's complete bollocks. I read about it in the papers but it's all just made up. It's strange how some journalists are living in their own imaginary world. None of this is true. What's true is that I've started to write my autobiography. I'm half through with it and I'm determined to finish it, but I just didn't have the time to do it due to my move and the recording of the new album. I haven't received any financial offers from a publisher yet, therefore I haven't signed a contract. But there will be an autobiography because there are so many rumours about my life out there which I need to correct. Enough stupid gossip has been written - and is still being written - about me.

Last edited:
yes, but as far as I remember he said that he hadn't signed a contract yet. I can't remember where and when he said it though, it was either in a magazine or in one of those Q&As on True-To-You, but it was this year. Any interview geek out there who can help me out? :confused:

EDIT: found it. Someone kindly scanned an interview from an Austrian magazine for me a few months ago, here it is

Translation (sorry for my poor grammar, I'm not used to translating anymore)
Interviewer: Are the rumours true that you have been offered £ 2 million for your autobiography and that you rejected the offer...
Moz: ...and that I said that the money isn't enough? That's complete bollocks. I read about it in the papers but it's all just made up. It's strange how some journalists are living in their own imaginary world. None of this is true. What's true is that I've started to write my autobiography. I'm half through with it and I'm determined to finish it, but I just didn't have the time to do it due to my move and the recording of the new album. I haven't received any financial offers from a publisher yet, therefore I haven't signed a contract. But there will be an autobiography because there are so many rumours about my life out there which I need to correct. Enough stupid gossip has been written - and is still being written - about me.

Ah, thanks for that. I think that's cleared it up!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom