Tony Visconti on 'Sweetie Pie'

Maurice E

The following is a recent update from his website, apparently. He mentions 6 new songs; haven't there been more than 6 new b-sides? Perhaps he didn't produce them all or maybe he's only referring to the original songs (i.e. not the covers)...

It has been an exciting time since the last news report. Morrissey’s Ringleader of The Tormenters (ROTT, as it is affectionately called) charted very well across Europe, #1 in many places. I spent additional production hours on six new songs recorded for B-sides. “Ganglord” and “If You Don’t Like Me” could have been A-sides, both powerful and catchy as acknowledged by Moz’s live audiences all over Europe. “Sweetie Pie” has turned into a macabre dreamscape. It started as a lush ballad back in Rome and has evolved into something quite different. Kristeen Young’s voice made it into the final mix, I’m proud to say.
Powers beyond my control and expectation have put Kristeen Young on stage opening for Moz since April. This was no arm-twister (Moz has an untwistable arm), Ms. Young got there on her own artistic merits. As I write she and drummer Baby Jeff White are about to embark on the next leg of the ROTT tour taking them to Mexico, Chicago, Greece, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom. Her single, “London Cry” is out in December on Sanctuary Records.

The following is a recent update from his website, apparently. He mentions 6 new songs; haven't there been more than 6 new b-sides? Perhaps he didn't produce them all or maybe he's only referring to the original songs (i.e. not the covers)...

It has been an exciting time since the last news report. Morrissey’s Ringleader of The Tormenters (ROTT, as it is affectionately called) charted very well across Europe, #1 in many places. I spent additional production hours on six new songs recorded for B-sides. “Ganglord” and “If You Don’t Like Me” could have been A-sides, both powerful and catchy as acknowledged by Moz’s live audiences all over Europe. “Sweetie Pie” has turned into a macabre dreamscape. It started as a lush ballad back in Rome and has evolved into something quite different. Kristeen Young’s voice made it into the final mix, I’m proud to say.
Powers beyond my control and expectation have put Kristeen Young on stage opening for Moz since April. This was no arm-twister (Moz has an untwistable arm), Ms. Young got there on her own artistic merits. As I write she and drummer Baby Jeff White are about to embark on the next leg of the ROTT tour taking them to Mexico, Chicago, Greece, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom. Her single, “London Cry” is out in December on Sanctuary Records.

Whoopse, just seen the other thread. Sorry! Please ignore this one.

Back
Top Bottom