Take away your angst and hatred and remember the true beauty

D

Dasher

I ask you all to look back into your hearts and realise why you first started to come to this site. It wasn't to fight and compete. It was to share an interest, a love, a passion. How can I forget mine!!!

I'll be honest here. In the beginning, my love and bond for the Smiths and Morrissey was not a magical experience. Their existence became known to me only when I was 17. Some old school friends were heavily into the music, and as a result I was exposed to those tunes and melodies that would later have so much relevance to and influence upon my heart, mind, body and soul. At first, I didn't particularly like the sound, largely due to my captivation within and teenage belonging to bands such as Sound Garden, Faith No More and Pearl Jam. The smiths were at the time, far too outside and intellectual for my tastes and likings. Although, things were destined to change.

A number of years past and I began to attend university. It was the late nineties, a time of social, economic and political intergration and disintergration, depending upon which perspective you take (1997). These days saw the opening and broadening of my stance as an individual. My mind was being expanded by my degree, drugs, relationships and society. I was majoring in sociology which really brought substance to my ways of thinking and behaving. However, as my life progressed, so did my emotions, feelings and moods. Drugs and relationships had placed their toll upon my happiness, in turn molding depression into my personal landscape. I was becoming profoundly sensitive, gentle, delicate and even soft.

I remember the day I found Morrissey. I was at a market in outer Melbourne, strolling through a music stand, having just come down from one of my drug experiences the night before. I was sad, alone and depressed. However, it seems when looking back on this day, something was pre-determined for my future and I. My eyes wandered across the hundreds of CD's, laid flat across the stands. So many covers, faces, pictures and colours. But one, for some incredible reason stood out, glimmered and shined. It was Vauxhall and I. I remember reflecting upon my old friends at school and how they would confess their hearts to me about this fabulous idol and his magnificent mannerisms. All this was true. I bought Vauxhall and I, took it home to my bedroom, where I would listen and study it. We fell in love. Such relevance to my life, such association I gaoined to ever tone, ever sound, tune, melody, word and statement. It became my sun to warm the miserable grey skies of winter chilled Melbourne. I look back on this time as perhaps the most special and priceless time of my life.

Jobs have past, Lovers have come and gone, Drugs are no-longer with me, but Morrissey is still here, in my heart, telling me that Almer does matter in mind, body and soul. Thank you, for what you have given me, a sponge to purify my life, a blanket to shelter me from the cold and an anthem and voice from which to hold my head and eyes up high into the faces of world and its audiences, with the full intentions of living life to the fullest, passionately, softly and all so naturely and pure.

I suggest that we all bring an end to this message board angst and hatred and remember the true purpose of why we are using this website!

Dasher

That was beautifully written and i agree with every word.
I don't have internet access much these days and I've been a little disturbed at a lot of the posts on here these last few days. There seems to be a lot of homophobia, racism, sexism and just general witless abuse. The majority of Morrissey fans i meet are lovely genuine people so god knows who these other people are. But if youre going to indulge in activities like the above, i suggest you toddle off to a Limp Bizkit website where you will feel at home.

Dasher:: What you say is very very true. And im sure most of us Morrissey fans can relate to your story including me. A year ago the things that seemed to matter so much are gone but im still listening to Morrissey and he's still making my days even a little better when noone else can... As long as us TRUE fans stick together.. The rest will find someone else to go.

Re: Yes, Bring love , come near the warm...

> Dasher:: What you say is very very true. And im sure most of us
> Morrissey fans can relate to your story including me. A year ago
> the things that seemed to matter so much are gone but im still
> listening to Morrissey and he's still making my days even a
> little better when noone else can... As long as us TRUE fans
> stick together.. The rest will find someone else to go.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pheeeeewwwwwww..I thought I´d never see peaceful messages. :)
I must confess , I ´m afraid to say almost anything .. a lot of people here are so bitter and angry, and criticize everything, Like there´s a lot of rudeness, and feelings of hate. That´s scary, quite scary. Though , I´m kind of new here, I like this place , and If remeber well , the first time i came here I felt good,Now, I feel like I have to be very careful. :-(
But I´m honest , I do, After many many years of listening to Morrissey,--since I was 17, I´m 28 now, finally had the chance to see him.and I say finally because, I didn´t have money.Now I´m living a diferent situation in my life along with Morrissey songs; When I saw him He brang the most genuine feeling of excitement and joy,tears, complete joy, then you feel like you want to share it, and you discover Morrissey-solo , and you discover that the wise songs of Morrissey have a name in everyone of us, that´s love, and I´m happy to share , and to meet people who understand me , and don´t prejudice me because of my race or my languge.
I´ve always been true to You.
URSUlA

Thank you Dasher, for such a beautiful post. Ahh... It is so true, so well put. I agree and feel the same way.

I Take it.....?

Yes, I agree. But I do not tolerate skinheads.
The SF crowd is great (always has been), even the people from LA were cool. There are some people posting on this site that come from a different crowd- who freely libel Morrissey at the question of his sexuality. This is futile and maddening. But you are right(about hate); they will pass on their own, with no need for attention.

Re: Smells sweet

Sometimes I think Christmas is the season to be angry and obnoxious. The Morrissey "fans" who take the time to see how they can degrade the singer/songwriter we have gathered to discuss have missed the point entirely. They argue about anything for the thrill of the argument. I'm tired of arguments, so someone who has real feeling for the man and his musical future is a sweet smell in this pastoral scene.

Dasher, I can't believe how much like unto myself that you are (your words) If you would like to talk sometime email me, or IM me, I would love to talk with you....

[email protected]

I agree that the hatred in message boards is tiring and pointless.

Nevertheless, I feel that this "road to Damascus" story is far too sentimental and obsequious. Music may mean a lot to people but this idolatry is going too far.

Furthermore, I cannot believe that drugs, society, and sociology could truly expand anyone's mind.

Back
Top Bottom