Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, PERU !" (June 23, 2023)

THANK YOU, PERU !

istockphoto-863829164-612x612.jpg

Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.

“Thank you, Peru” is, of course, also one of the lyrics from the deleted verse in The Bullfighter Dies.

THANK YOU, PERU !

View attachment 92209

Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Money is the only thing he's interested in. And when he sells 4000 tickets, it's ching-ching-ching. That's why he celebrates. It is, was, and always has been the only thing he's interested in. I guess we'll have a long wait before he trumpets a non-sold-out venue.

Artists only make money now from gigging so to say he is only interested in money is a bit crazy. Artists don't make money from album sales, streaming platforms etc so gigging it where the money is. At the end of the day it's his job so what do you want him to do?. He also and I say loosely feels somewhat obliged to keep the members of the band in wages. I would rather see a touring Morrissey than a sit on his big arse one any day of the week .

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Money is the only thing he's interested in. And when he sells 4000 tickets, it's ching-ching-ching. That's why he celebrates. It is, was, and always has been the only thing he's interested in. I guess we'll have a long wait before he trumpets a non-sold-out venue.
your always telling us,that the problem,you say a lot without saying anything.
its friday night,im outta here at 7.45,you will be staying in with a good book,each to their own.

I only work for the money, I guess you hate me now.

It must make Moz feel wanted when he sells out a concert. Regardless of the money aspect it must be a big boost to his self-confidence and overall mental wellbeing when he gets good news like this instead of the crap he's suffered from record labels recently. Good on him, is what I say.

Yes, it’s baffling to hear this incessant and pathetic “only cares about the money” refrain. Please someone show me where it says anyone was ever supposed to be doing this for free.

If money was his only concern why has he turned down numerous chances of a reunion with The Smith's ?

It would earn him a lot more that a gig in Peru.

Why did he play venues such as Hawick and Dunoon in Scotland when he could easily have sold out Glasgow Barrowlands ?

If money was his only concern then he has been following a pretty remote and ill advised path for the last 40 years.

but ya still here.

I also work for money. As a singer from my country says in a song: "You can not live on love .... that singer is called Andres Calamaro and the lyrics are great. Moz is happy for the recognition, not for the money, I agree with someone who said here that if it were for the money he would have already gathered The Smith that would leave him fortunes!!!! Why don't you leave Morrissey alone.? Moz is recognized all over the world and he is happy about that !!!! Your comments stink with envy!!!!!!

Skinny: People pay for what they like, Moz works as a singer and who likes it has to pay that simple. There is no science if Peruvians like to pay and sell out tickets to see Morrissey what problem is there???
A vos que carajo te importa lo que haga Morrissey!? Flaco cortala de una!!!

Sat outside the De Trafford in Alderley Edge having a few beers with a mate discussing Morrissey's latest dates and he drops in, oh I went there in 2016 to see New Order, it's a great venue but then mentioned Morrissey being really ill there at some time. Anyone know anything about that?

'Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.'

He hasn't sold 4000 tickets but he has convinced some of you that this is a 'hot ticket'. Classic marketing scam.

How many pre-sale tickets were made available? 10%? 25%?

I glanced at Ticketmaster UK this afternoon and there are tickets available for every single show. Not surprisingly given the prices. Clearly the attempt to generate 'artificial scarcity' and 'panic buying' by announcing bogus sell-outs didn't work so the seats are being released in dribs and drabs to make it appear as if these gigs are sold out when there's probably 50% of inventory still on reseller websites waiting to be shifted.

Why do artists be party to this fraudulent nonsense?

It's not as if Morrissey doesn't have form for this kind of malarkey...don't believe the hype...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'Morrissey fans stunned by 'free ticket' giveaway ahead of Manchester Arena show
Stunned passers-by were celebrating after a city centre giveaway to see Manchester music legend Morrissey. A mystery man was reported in the city centre handing out tickets for the former Smiths frontman’s Manchester Arena gig tomorrow.'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../morrissey-fans-stunned-by-free-ticket-691841

'The classic pre-sale model: this is one of the easiest and most authentic ways to create a sense of urgency and a feeling of exclusivity in your target audience. Your ticketing inventory is limited, after all, so once it’s gone, it’s gone!...Scarcity is a powerful driver in purchasing behavior. Consumers tend to place additional value on items they believe are in limited supply or difficult to acquire, making them more inclined to purchase. If you’re not leveraging the principle of scarcity to sell tickets and promote events at your venue, you are missing out on a great opportunity! (See what we did there?). Read on to discover new ideas for using scarcity in your marketing promotions so you can sell more tickets, increase revenue and reach new audiences.'

https://www.accesso.com/learn/how-to-sell-more-tickets-using-the-principle-of-scarcity

'This amphitheater has the capacity to accommodate about 4 thousand people'

https://indiehoy.com/lugares/anfiteatro-del-parque-de-la-exposicion/

Sat outside the De Trafford in Alderley Edge having a few beers with a mate discussing Morrissey's latest dates and he drops in, oh I went there in 2016 to see New Order, it's a great venue but then mentioned Morrissey being really ill there at some time. Anyone know anything about that?
This maybe?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/22/morrissey-abandons-south-american-tour

Exerpt:

But Morrissey was still due to play in Peru, Chile, Brazil and Argentina, and he landed in Lima just a couple of weeks ago. "Peru, Peru," he wrote. "My heart's lighthouse."
Then Morrissey's entire team was hit with food poisoning. "After such a victorious and uplifting welcome of Lima love, the contaminated jinx had its way via a simple restaurant meal of penne pasta and tomato," he wrote. "[We] collapsed with a deadly and delirious bedridden disease." The singer flew off to receive treatment in Los Angeles.

It must make Moz feel wanted when he sells out a concert. Regardless of the money aspect it must be a big boost to his self-confidence and overall mental wellbeing when he gets good news like this instead of the crap he's suffered from record labels recently. Good on him, is what I say.
He hasn't sold out this concert, his promotional team have just a pre-sale of tickets to the local hardcore fans to try and generate a local FOMO buzz.

Anyone whose 'self-confidence and overall mental wellbeing' depends on commercial profit 📈 is in need of a psychological intervention.

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

He hasn't sold out this concert, his team have just a pre-sale of tickets to the local hardcore fans to try and generate a local FOMO buzz.

Anyone whose 'self-confidence and overall mental wellbeing' depends on commercial profit 📈 is in need of a psychological intervention.

Kind regards

BrummieBoy
You're a gobshite! I mean that in a positive and confidence boosting way.

'I can't give words to the sorrow I feel at the loss of perfect Peru. Oh, black cloud. After such a victorious and uplifting welcome of Lima love, the contaminated jinx had its way via a simple restaurant meal of penne pasta and tomato. Three hours later, both I, and security Liam have collapsed with a deadly and delirious bedridden disease. Five days of round-the-clock medical supervision just barely controls the corrosively toxic food poisoning. I know my luck too well. Sorrow replaces joy, and in every dream home a heartache. It could only be me.
I have returned to Los Angeles and to the expert supervision of my doctor Jeremy Fine, who assures me that I shall be fine...'

Felled by penne pasta, Morrissey admits ‘humiliation and mortification’ over South American tour

https://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/07/13/morrissey-statement-south-american-tour/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom