Morrissey Central "THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS" (November 15, 2023)

THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS

Relates to this from 9yrs ago:

"PETA’s video “Someday,” brought to life by Los Angeles animator Anna Saunders, was created in honor of Morrissey’s 55th birthday."

Related item:

Don’t know what I find funnier:

The assumption that a vegetarian’s feelings are somehow HURT by these clowns when they’re rubbing it in (hint: you’re not hurting other people, you’re hurting the animals)

Their impish glee and scorn

The assumption that the vegetarians on here are vegetarians because Morrissey told them so

The moral equivalence between homosexuality and eating meat
Don’t know what I find funnier:

The assumption that a vegetarian’s feelings are somehow HURT by these clowns when they’re rubbing it in (hint: you’re not hurting other people, you’re hurting the animals)

Their impish glee and scorn

The assumption that the vegetarians on here are vegetarians because Morrissey told them so

The moral equivalence between homosexuality and eating meat
Morrissey was the catalyst for many of his fans becoming vegetarians because of the impact of “Meat Is Murder” and to deny that is to be rather dishonest. I wouldn’t say that for all vegetarians as a whole because the general population probably doesn’t even know who Morrissey is.

Season 4 Sleep GIF by The Simpsons

‘Enlightened’ Is that what you call being a self-righteous wanker?

you are sleeping. You do not want to feel and understand. You are sleeping.

That old chestnut again?!
Well, "good" Central folks,I'm sorry you can't save every turkey on the planet but hey, there are many animals in distress, like in animal shelters under water right now, if you feel like helping... It'd be easy...

Only, you won't.
(Sammy needs that money.)

There is also the interesting question of speciesism, so many people will eat chicken, beef, pork but then they will be horrified if they meet somebody who eats octopus or horse.
The general feeling is that animals with greater intelligence have a right not to be eaten, or animals that provide some utility to humans (dogs, horses etc) also should not be eaten.
If we follow this logic, is the life of an unintelligent human worth less than someone who is? Or a human that does not contribute to society, is their life worth less?

There is also the interesting question of speciesism, so many people will eat chicken, beef, pork but then they will be horrified if they meet somebody who eats octopus or horse.
The general feeling is that animals with greater intelligence have a right not to be eaten, or animals that provide some utility to humans (dogs, horses etc) also should not be eaten.
If we follow this logic, is the life of an unintelligent human worth less than someone who is? Or a human that does not contribute to society, is their life worth less?

Well, if you eat animals because you believe
they are less intelligent than you, and if some
people have mental issues so severe that it impairs their intelligence? Then with that logic you should have no problem at all with eating people that you believe are as unintelligent as animals.

people have mental issues so severe that it impairs their intelligence? Then with that logic you should have no problem at all with eating people that you believe are as unintelligent as animals.
Who says I don’t?
Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

He’s afraid that if he eats humans, he risks getting kuru (creutzfeldt-jakob disease).

No, that’s only if you eat brains, the rest of the body is perfectly safe (although not ethically ok) to eat.
I read an entire book about mad cow disease/kuru decades ago, and it isn’t just in the brain. It’s even in affected cows’ milk.

The prions are pervasive throughout the victim’s body, and those prions are not exclusive to humans. Mad cow disease is caused by the same prions as kuru in humans.

Then wake me up, I am very open minded. Hit me with your best arguments and I may well become vegan.

There’s plenty of information out there.
Do the same as I and others have … INFORM YOURSELF. That would take effort on your part. Ultimately it’s up to you. To see or not see, feel or not feel, to take the right actions, or continue to live in ignorance as you have.

There’s plenty of information out there.
Do the same as I and others have … INFORM YOURSELF. That would take effort on your part. Ultimately it’s up to you. To see or not see, feel or not feel, to take the right actions, or continue to live in ignorance as you have.
I will have a look later, just need to order a steak sandwich for lunch first and then I’ll have a look.

"Wake me up, I'm sincere and open minded. Now excuse me while I keep on trolling you."

I think theres lots of violence around the world, and prehaps cruelty to animals spurs it on, it nurtures the instinct or act of killing. The food chain is real, but there is nothing natural about slaughter houses, our ancestors didn't kill like that, also the quality of meat is terrible so its a lose lose and we all get sick and die. Just a small slice of turkey will be enough, not a whole turkey for every man and child around the world, merry merry christmas

I think vegetrarian food has come a long way in the last 4 years so most people will be having nut roast and linda mccartney sausages at christmas

Not every vegetarian or vegan eats those faux meat products, first of all. Those they do help people who enjoy the taste of meat but don't like the cruelty that inevitably comes along with it. It's really not that difficult to understand if you think about it for a half of a second.

Back
Top Bottom