The Magnetic Fields

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed reading your review:) I saw the Magnetic Fields at the Ebell Wilshire in Los Angeles in March and it was such a lovely show. I've been a fan a long time, and have just now had the opportunity to see them. You mentioned Claudia Gonson singing on 100,000 Fireflies - when I saw them, Stephen Merritt sang on both Summer Lies and 100,000 Fireflies. I think Susan Anway has amazing vocals and I've always loved her version of those tunes, but Stephen Merritt did them more than justice live. Maybe I'm biased (and I very well could be based on some reviews I've read), but it was one of my favorite shows ever.

i was at a fantastic gig a few weeks ago and thought i would share my words. anyone who isn't familiar with thier work should check them out.

http://passionsjustlikemine.wordpre...–-the-cathedral-manchester-–-19th-march-2010/

can you elaborate on that? i would be very interested to hear more!

Everything post 69 Lovesongs has been crap compared to what came before. Notable exception being Hyacinths & Thistles.

He began to believe the "indie Noel Coward" reviews in the press. "I" and the last album were shite. "Distortion" was okay, but still it pales in comparison to Distant Plasic Trees, Wayward Bus, Holiday, Charm Of The Highway Strip. Seeing MF in 2010 is seeing a 2 person comedy skit.

Back
Top Bottom