The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 96: JACK THE RIPPER

How do you rate Jack The Ripper?

• Total voters
This song is a 10.

People giving it a 7-9 score: how isn't this song a Morrissey classic? If this isn't a classic, what is?

To people giving it below a 7: have you recently seen a psychiatrist?

one of my fav Moz songs, top 10, possibly top 5. also one of the first Moz solo songs I heard.

it gets a big fat 10 in my book!

Decent effort - 6.

DECENT EFFORT???????????????????????????????????
OMG are you insane? this is one of Miorrissey most loved song ever ever ever and you're giving it a 6!!!!!!!!!

This song is a 10.

People giving it a 7-9 score: how isn't this song a Morrissey classic? If this isn't a classic, what is?

To people giving it below a 7: have you recently seen a psychiatrist?

i couldn't agree more, anyone giving this song less than a 9 needs to seriously go and seek some professional help.
and yes it gets a 10 from me.

Last edited:
DECENT EFFORT???????????????????????????????????
OMG are you insane? this is one of Miorrissey most loved song ever ever ever and you're giving it a 6!!!!!!!!!

I find studio version isn't well produced, but live version is sublime and one of the best.

I find studio version isn't well produced, but live version is sublime and one of the best.

regardless of the production , everything about this song deserves a top mark , lyrically for me this is Moz at his best, i don't even rate any of the smiths song as high as this one, not that i should be rating music.
i don't normaly take part in these things because i don't believe in rating music but this is my favourite song in the whole wide world.

I really don't understand all the fuss about this song. Yes it's good, but one of his best ever? :confused: Not in my book.

I love adore this song. From the start....and then these lyrics..............
crash into my arms
- I want you
you don't agree
but you don't refuse
I know you
FABULOUS!!!!
I gave it a 10....no suprise there then.

I gave an 8, maybe should have given higher. I love the song, but I compare it to other songs I like better. I always love to hear it when I'm shuffling through the tunes, though.

I gave an 8, maybe should have given higher. I love the song, but I compare it to other songs I like better. I always love to hear it when I'm shuffling through the tunes, though.

Dave, dave, dave, you can't compare this tune......you should have given it a 10....slapped legs for you my boy.

:D You're right of course. I think the best part is that the real meaning of the song is so subtle. I wonder if anyone's played it at their wedding? :p

Well, too late now, but the 10's are clearly going to take this race.

I know it's a classic but i don't love it as much as I should. Still, I love it quite a lot.

I adore the live version of this song, i could listen to it all day long. However, the studio version I am less keen on, so I've only given it a 9.

Back
Top Bottom