The Public image

Modcon

I was reading the thread on the YATQ b-sides and I saw a song I've never heard before; the Public Image.

Does someone have it? Can someone please upload it?

Forever yours and eternally greatful...

I'm just curious, what's so hard about buying the commercial stuff and supporting Morrissey like so many of us do?

I'm all for sharing the live shows - stuff you can't get anywhere else - but why post commercial stuff that's available? It doesn't make any sense and, to be frank, seems like a pretty shitty thing to do.

Open your wallet and buy the commercial stuff. Geezus.

- unrulyboy -

unrulyboy said:
I'm just curious, what's so hard about buying the commercial stuff and supporting Morrissey like so many of us do?

I'm all for sharing the live shows - stuff you can't get anywhere else - but why post commercial stuff that's available? It doesn't make any sense and, to be frank, seems like a pretty shitty thing to do.

Open your wallet and buy the commercial stuff. Geezus.

- unrulyboy -

I totaly agree, I would urge everyone not to upload officialy released material. If you want the song, go and buy the CD. :D ;)

Downloading the rare stuff and the live stuff is great...and this page has really come to life lately because of it. I understand about the commercially available stuff. But it's worth remembering that just because something is commercially available doesn't mean it will be available in the one horse towns that some of us live in! Ever since Moz started with his two-cd single with Irish Blood, some stores have only stocked Cd1 or Cd2 but never both and not everyone has access to a credit card.

Mickey-

I get it, but I really do find it a weak argument.

The Internet allows us to find anything and if you don't have a credit card, pay a friend who does. Or get a debit card connected to your checking or savings account.

Ultimately, I feel like people are just being lazy and cheap when they want to download commercially available stuff.

Support Moz. Buy his CDs, even his seemingly endless array of singles. See him live when you can. Download and share his live shows.

- unrulyboy -

Mickey Ferry said:
Downloading the rare stuff and the live stuff is great...and this page has really come to life lately because of it. I understand about the commercially available stuff. But it's worth remembering that just because something is commercially available doesn't mean it will be available in the one horse towns that some of us live in! Ever since Moz started with his two-cd single with Irish Blood, some stores have only stocked Cd1 or Cd2 but never both and not everyone has access to a credit card.

oh come off it!

unrulyboy said:
Mickey-

I get it, but I really do find it a weak argument.

The Internet allows us to find anything and if you don't have a credit card, pay a friend who does. Or get a debit card connected to your checking or savings account.

Ultimately, I feel like people are just being lazy and cheap when they want to download commercially available stuff.

Support Moz. Buy his CDs, even his seemingly endless array of singles. See him live when you can. Download and share his live shows.

- unrulyboy -

WELL PUT MY GOOD MAN.

It's no problem for me, I have a credit card and I do use it, perhaps too much. But I've met younger people with no access to such things and it's a simple fact that some stores here in Northern Ireland do not stock the way they should. The last couple of cd singles of the Quarry album are a perfect examples, as was the You Have Killed Me cd single. I know a few people who are still waiting on CD 2 of that, and have been promised it by the stores in question since April.

Last edited:
Modcon said:
I was reading the thread on the YATQ b-sides and I saw a song I've never heard before; the Public Image.

Does someone have it? Can someone please upload it?

Forever yours and eternally greatful...
Check your pm's :)

The Youngest said:
Check your pm's :)

Ofcourse 12'' inches from YATQ are being sold in HMV - I've seen them in Hull although being of the CD age I didn't even wet my tastebuds by checking there playlists! Have a look in your local HMV etc. :cool:

I agree that the new stuff shouldn't be up-/downloaded, because it can be purchased without problems.

But as far as I know, the YATQ singles are long deleted and practically unavailable in "official" shops. And how do we help Morrissey with buying old singles at eBay? We may as well trade the old stuff here.

Oso Blanco said:
I agree that the new stuff shouldn't be up-/downloaded, because it can be purchased without problems.

But as far as I know, the YATQ singles are long deleted and practically unavailable in "official" shops. And how do we help Morrissey with buying old singles at eBay? We may as well trade the old stuff here.

It's not just about helping Morrissey it's also about "paying" for your music. The Quarry singles are not deleted at all. They pop up every time I go online, plus you can still buy the Quarry deluxe album with most of the B sides on it. I mean don't you guys want to own a hard copy anyway rather than have a faceless mp3?

marred said:
It's not just about helping Morrissey it's also about "paying" for your music. The Quarry singles are not deleted at all. They pop up every time I go online, plus you can still buy the Quarry deluxe album with most of the B sides on it. I mean don't you guys want to own a hard copy anyway rather than have a faceless mp3?

Don't tell me about it ... I have bought ALL the singles!

By the way, "The Public Image" is not the deluxe edition, which is a waste of money anyway if you have all the singles. And if you don't have them, three tracks are missing. It's just a half done job!

And where have you found the singles in question? Amazon doesn't have them. I'm sure it would be very hard to get them anywhere else but on eBay, so you might as well download them.

Back
Top Bottom