"The Royal Family are benefit scroungers" - BBC Radio interview excerpts

Radio 5 Live have just played part of an interview (presumably the Dermot O'Leary one) where Morrissey says that the Royal Family are benefit scroungers. Nicky Campbell commented "There goes his Knighthood!".

May be worth listening to Radio 5 Live, as I got the impression they were going to play some more.

See also:

Morrissey brands royal family 'benefit scroungers' ahead of William and Kate wedding - NME.com
Ex-Smiths man won't be watching the royal wedding on Friday (April 29)

The Smiths' Morrissey: 'Royals are benefit scroungers - BBC News

The singer and songwriter Morrissey has told the BBC he believes the Royal family are benefit scroungers who do not speak for England.

Reporting on BBC Radio 5 live Breakfast, Colin Paterson said the former lead singer of The Smiths called the future Mrs Windsor 'Kate Muddleton'.

"Why would I watch the wedding?" Morrissey asked. "I do seriously believe that they are benefit scroungers, nothing else."

Update Apr. 28, 10:40AM:
Link posted by Brel (original post):

Pass notes No 2,964: Morrissey - The Guardian
The dour man of rock has now written his autobiography, but worries that it is too long

Link from SOUTHPAWmuse:

Morrissey Blasts Royal Wedding, Family - The Huffington Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too bothered these days about the Royals appearing as a bunch of 'benefit scroungers'. Well, why should I? Our country already has millions of benefit scroungers, anyway. And Morrissey always detested working and has done his share of dole scrounging. Personally, I couldn't give a toss about the wedding.
The Royals are essentially the head of the Church Of England, that's their official role. All or most countries have religious or spiritual leaders, always have done. In the current global climate, I think we could do a lot worse that them, unless we have something like the taliban instead. Moz is a Catholic but he doesn't ever seem to have had the balls to speak out about the Pope sitting in his palace, paid for by the state, just as the Queen is. Now, please, I'm neither a Royalist nor a religious person. I just find it astounding that Moz has never attacked the Catholic establishment in the same way he attacks everything else, especially given their track record for abuse, rape, corruption etc.
I've always thought hard about what I'd like to ask Morrissey and today I stumbled upon my question. Here it is: Given the fact that you think the Royals are a bunch of benefit scroungers, as a Catholic yourself, how would you feel about the Pope being in Buckingham Palace?
I really would urge anybody interviewing him in future to ask him. That would be interesting. What do you think?

Some good points, however one can choose to be a Catholic or not (and I suspect Moz, whilst recognising his own history, chooses not!), one has no choice as to whether we are 'ruled'/pay for these sycophantic benefit scroungers...despite the constant propaganda in the media(come back Orwell...all is forgiven), I've not met anyone (under 75) that actually supports/is in favour/or has anything good to say of this 'institution'

The current Queen (one Mrs Batternburg) is actually a fraud, a criminal impersonating the monarchy...her 'coronation' was a sham as the 'coronation stone' was a fake/replacement for the 'real' one which was stolen...so, therefore, all English law has no foundation as the judges, still, draw their authority from the Queen...

Any sane person would find the fact that the richest person in the world is still claiming benefits/funding from the British taxpayer disgusting...

Irish blood, Irish heart, this I'm made of...
Yes, and when was the last time we saw Wayne Rooney sing the national anthem? It should be a requirement to be part of the team. Then we might be in with a chance.

Dear Friends: The royal family of England is of the Saxe-Coburg family line of Germany. They are not in any way English, British, Welsh or Scottish: were they ever? On the other hand, Princess Diana was and is to this day a saint and remembered very fondly. Diana was full human, or atleast had a heart for the common man and her memory still brings a tear to the eyes of those who loved her. Molly & I will never forget Diana. "it's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate . It takes guts to be gentile & kind, over and over and over again." That was Diana. This lady could have been snooty and snobby and high-hat evryone. Yet, Diana was the kindest soul England will ever know. That's our take on the "royals". Dear Princess Diana: "Where ever you are, I hope your singing now"....Love David g. & Molly Mae xoxox

Diana was trash,she got what she deserved

The British tax payer only pays for the security in the streets of London. The rest is all paid for by William's and Kate's family. So nobody is forced to go there and mind their security.

To Dumb Unto Death Scumbag: The Un-royal german Saxe-Coburg-Gotha trash who rule your hole IS MORRISSEYS business when they steal 75% PLUS of his income to feed their murderous, jew-world-disorder , treasonous kind. WAKEUP. Edward the 7th, began ww1/phoney war 1 and Edward the 8th a full on nazi-collaborator...part ofthe chittenden set of traitors. Your stupidity has ruined England....YOU & your filth won't do it here in America....Signed Tim Refat, David Icke, Lord Christopher Monckton, Steve Quayle and infowars.com...... get on the ball, "LIVE FREE OR DIE" Love ya MOZ...always Molly & David

To Dumb Unto Death Scumbag: The Un-royal german Saxe-Coburg-Gotha trash who rule your hole IS MORRISSEYS business when they steal 75% PLUS of his income to feed their murderous, jew-world-disorder , treasonous kind. WAKEUP. Edward the 7th, began ww1/phoney war 1 and Edward the 8th a full on nazi-collaborator...part ofthe chittenden set of traitors. Your stupidity has ruined England....YOU & your filth won't do it here in America....Signed Tim Refat, David Icke, Lord Christopher Monckton, Steve Quayle and infowars.com...... get on the ball, "LIVE FREE OR DIE" Love ya MOZ...always Molly & David

You unfortunatly missed that Morrissey and his friends in the music and film industry plus his friends at the BBC are part of what you describe and play a vital part in the spreading of this idiology. So let me have a big, huge laugh.

And believe it or not, did yo wonder why the Queen looked so serious and thoughtful? The occasion was also used as the rehearsal for her funeral to save money.

You unfortunatly missed that Morrissey and his friends in the music and film industry plus his friends at the BBC are part of what you describe and play a vital part in the spreading of this idiology. So let me have a big, huge laugh.
O.K. Point made & taken ....but hold on a second. True , Morrissey must rub elbows with the media-elite, or the world won't hear, much less listen to the songs. One must know how to play the game and stay clear of being hypocritical. If memory serves correct, "There is no clocking off, what you see is what you get", paraphrased from Morrissey. Besides, take a look inside Tormentors & read the quote,"smash bush". Just an accident as to how it got there? Morrissey's friends? "I haven't got too many, just some raincoated lovers puney brothers". "You know I couldn't last", is another stab at the rapacious record biz and the media-elite. Morrissey is a good soul and maybe like Princess Diana, uses fame & forune to improve things, to make people happy, to bring a smile to our faces, to make us think how we too can improve things for eachother. S.L.C. and P.E.T.A. are but 2 examples of Morrisseys kindness & generosity. Doesn't sound like a "Wars for Profits", ideology to us. As far as Diana, she deserves back the love she gave to all of us. What harm did this young lady ever do?? Princess Diana is still the only saving grace of the entire,"royal mob". Morrissey is an exception to the typical entertainer, he's human first and we love him for it. Always on your side Morrissey & Diana...."That's What Friends Are For". Molly & David g.

I somehow missed this. Am I right in thinking there were too interviews, one with Front Row and one with O'Leary?

Anyone got a link to the O'Leary one?

Thanks
x

Back
Top Bottom