The Smiths Final gig on video 4 trade

M

mozarella

Hi, I only have this available on NTSC VHS tape. The quality is decent for what was available in 1986. Here's the info

Venue: The Brixton Academy
City: London, England
Date: December 12, 1986

The final show the Smiths would ever play and even though they didn't know that at the time, this gig had loads of unique surprises. First off, it was the only time that "Shoplifters of the World Unite" was played. "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" was also played for the first and last time at this gig -- not only that, but it was played acoustically and Morrissey added the extra verse that wasn't sung on the official album version. Also, "London" was performed as a medly with "Miserable Lie" -- another rarity that only happed at this gig. They performed a handful of older tunes out as well, namely "This Night Has Opened My Eyes" -- a song that hadn't been performed since 1984 and they finished their days on stage with "Hand In Glove" -- the song that started it all. Morrissey is extremely active and animated on stage as is Marr. Mike Joyce puts on a great performance as well, but Andy Rourke stays in the shadows mostly. Very interesting gig -- the only thing about this recording is that the first few bars of "Ask" are missing, otherwise, this is a complete gig.

Ask
Bigmouth Strikes Again
London/Miserable Lie
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Is It Really So Strange?
Cemetry Gates
This Night Has Opened My Eyes
Still Ill
Panic