The 'Very Special Morrissey Release'

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
As seen on http://www.morrisseydirect.com - it says "Order exclusively online for a specific limited period only. Made to order and not available in-store.". I've just had a daft thought. Do you think it might be a Do-It-Yourself Greatest Hits? Kind of choose your own greatest hits and have it on a personalised CD? Like, I said, a daft thought.

Peter

I wouldn't be surprised if this special release was simply the Greatest Hits & they are a little slow tbh.

As seen on http://www.morrisseydirect.com - it says "Order exclusively online for a specific limited period only. Made to order and not available in-store.". I've just had a daft thought. Do you think it might be a Do-It-Yourself Greatest Hits? Kind of choose your own greatest hits and have it on a personalised CD? Like, I said, a daft thought.

Peter

Doubt that, but it's not a daft idea. Here's another: have Morrissey make you a mix CD. All of us have friends with amazing musical taste who at any given time could put together a mind-blowing 20-song mix CD. Why not Morrissey? Look at the response to his pre-show tapes. It would be a unique and very cool item.

I was just reading in Rogan last night how he wanted to be a Radio One DJ (or at least the power to impose his taste on the nation, at any rate). This would be his chance. Sort of.

Doubt that, but it's not a daft idea. Here's another: have Morrissey make you a mix CD. All of us have friends with amazing musical taste who at any given time could put together a mind-blowing 20-song mix CD. Why not Morrissey? Look at the response to his pre-show tapes. It would be a unique and very cool item.

I was just reading in Rogan last night how he wanted to be a Radio One DJ (or at least the power to impose his taste on the nation, at any rate). This would be his chance. Sort of.

Possibly, or how about that long awaited autobiography? Then again, maybe not.

Two very real possibilities...

One is no different from iTunes where you choose the track listing and the tracks and pay for them by song so long as it is under 80 minutes.

The other option is what I was asking for last summer in releasing direct recordings from shows as Dave Matthews and Phish have done.

Two very real possibilities...

One is no different from iTunes where you choose the track listing and the tracks and pay for them by song so long as it is under 80 minutes.

The other option is what I was asking for last summer in releasing direct recordings from shows as Dave Matthews and Phish have done.

I just really wish it's not going to be a download. That would spoil the whole thing for me.

Peter

i said that in another thread , its the obvious answer to me

possibly a pick of live tracks , make your own live album thing :guitar:

Do you think that they own the rights to all of his tracks though? Since he's had different record companies, that might be one reason why Greatest Hits didn't represent his entire career.

I think the best reason is that it has the highest charting singles. Still the hassles of putting songs from different companies on the same disk might not be something they feel is worth it.

Anyway, I signed for the info. We'll see.

Nobody thinking it might be his new album? In these heady days of artists giving away their albums for free, fans of a more ethical artist would have at least condsidered it a possibility. It's a sad and telling sign of how many times he has cheated his fanbase that it wasn't suggested.

I think it's a Greatest Hits CD with a photo of your own butt. :)

Nobody thinking it might be his new album? In these heady days of artists giving away their albums for free, fans of a more ethical artist would have at least condsidered it a possibility. It's a sad and telling sign of how many times he has cheated his fanbase that it wasn't suggested.

but you suggested it.

but you suggested it.

You really are quite tedious sometimes David. You and I both know that I was commenting on the fact that nobody suggested it as a reflection of Morrissey's constant disregard for his, quite frankly embarrasingly, obsessive fanbase and his perpetual disregard for what constitutes morally favourable actions toward them. Trying to use me as a yard stick for how good he is to his fans is just plain retarded.

How's the berret?

Peter

if this was the case then non of the sales would count towards chart position (from what i can gather). a few years ago a band (i think IK) released an album thatcame with some stickers so you could design your own front cover, but it was disqualified from the charts for this.

if this was the case then non of the sales would count towards chart position (from what i can gather). a few years ago a band (i think IK) released an album thatcame with some stickers so you could design your own front cover, but it was disqualified from the charts for this.

I know Beck did a design your own front cover with stickers album, called The information. I wasn't aware it was excluded from the UK charts for this though. How very strange.

Back
Top Bottom