Video of Brand, Walliams & Ross

I've also put 'Please Please Please' up there, I didn't realise at the time because I was loving it so much but his voice sounds terrible, poor bloke.

I've also put 'Please Please Please' up there, I didn't realise at the time because I was loving it so much but his voice sounds terrible, poor bloke.

aww I just watched it, he sounds so rough, thanks for sharing the clips so quickly though. I hope he gets better soon and everyone gets a rescheduled gig.

Poor thing, his voice sounds really bad! People cannot blame him for this! The evidence is there, he wasn't faking it for goodness sake! I hope he gets better. :(

awww and he even wore jeans!? and a white shirt...he looked handsome even if he felt crummy...!

If ever there were a case to be made that Morrissey fans are bat shit crazy, it's that woman screeching at the end with all the hysteria of a rape victim. Embarrassing affair for everyone concerned, it seems.

People were naturally disappointed. Groans, tears and boos (later regretted) to be expected.
Beer hurling, coin tossing and verbal abuse - thats just nasty.

I think it would have been better if an unknown person from the management did the apologies. Its anonymous and not personal then.

As background, RB was in the papers yesterday as his radio show was one of those caught having done a fake phone-in scam (in 2006?). Not clear if RB knew about it, but a blow to his reputation nevertheless. Add to that the jealousy due to his access to Morrissey, and love-him-or-loathe-him persona. Add to that the other two trying to lighten things up but only riling the audience more by appearing to mock their emotional state. I'm surprised there wasn't a riot!

Well-intentioned maybe, but badly misjudged.

Only one item was thrown, a bottle top at Walliams, who should not have been there. I have no problems with Brand, he's one of us. It WAS a bizarre choice of person to deliver the news. Had Boz come out there the reaction would have been different. People were frustrated, seeing comedians up there was bound to wind them up. It's all in the balance for tonight...

If ever there were a case to be made that Morrissey fans are bat shit crazy, it's that woman screeching at the end with all the hysteria of a rape victim. Embarrassing affair for everyone concerned, it seems.

Too true! Unless it was a disbelieving "f*** off, is he seroiusly not coming back on stage?" But it didn't really sound like that. I am so incredibly gutted... sorry, wrong thread for that bit, I suppose.

since english is not my native language i have problems to understand everthing.
is russel saying that it is not his job to tell the audience but he is just doing it because he loves morrissey? i can only guess...

but most of all i really want to know what JR is saying in the end (the sing-along-thing)
could anyone shed some light on this? i'd be eternally grateful!

since english is not my native language i have problems to understand everthing.
is russel saying that it is not his job to tell the audience but he is just doing it because he loves morrissey? i can only guess...

but most of all i really want to know what JR is saying in the end (the sing-along-thing)
could anyone shed some light on this? i'd be eternally grateful!

first point - yes thats what hes saying

second - its meant to be last of the famous international playboys , JR says he will be doing 20 minutes of im a lady a sketch from his show little britain

here is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZYQXtJ_y0w

Last edited:
Wow... thanks for posting that. I was standing on the other side on the 2nd row with a bunch of loud screamers right behind me, and couldn't hear a word of what they were actually saying on stage.

Poor Moz, he did sound bad and he was trying.... he seemed ok at the very beginning, but increasingly upset and frustrated by the second/third song. (He looked very handsome in his jeans and embroidered shirt however ;)). I really hope he feels better by next week. :(

The girl is indeed shouting "Russell".

That girl shouting Russell could very likely be me. I vaguely remember screaming "Russell" madly. I was more excited to see Russell Brand than Morrissey, if he had stayed and entertained us, I would have gone away happy, not mad like I was.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I am convinced it was me. Unless anyone else wants to claim to be 'mad girl'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom