What do you think of the new song, 'Without Music The World Dies'?

What do you think of the new song, 'Without Music The World Dies'?

• Total voters

Mike Rourke

I've done this 5-scale thing before with new songs, defining what each level means.
Hopefully makes for useful comparisons.
Without Music The World Dies was co-written with Gustavo Manzur.

I'd rate both of the new songs 3/5 (and most of the BOT songs 2/5 - but that's me). I really hope he debuts an Alain Whyte co-write soon.

Last edited:
Lyrically trite and lacking in any depth or poetry. The music is OK, but just sounds like a reheated rehash of The Loop. Altogether, it's not awful, I don't hate it, but it's very average fare by Morrissey's standards. Stack it up next to 'Vauxhall and I', or really any Smiths album, and there's no way it would be deemed strong enough to make the final cut.

The line "you dont need to send your children to school", or something like that, is terrible. The rest is ok
It might be more intelligent than it seems. It might be referring to the difficult life condition of poor people who can't send their children to school, and even in that case without music (hope) the world dies. Or so I see it.

Last edited:
It might be more intelligent than it seems. It might be referring to the life condition of poor people in certain countries who can't send their children to school, and even there without music (hope) the world dies. Or so I see it.
It's a good way to see it.

I think it’s great but he could have tried a bit harder with one or two lines. Love the melody and the sentiment. He should have written

you don’t need to trust your government
no lying prime minister or corrupt president.

Nobody sings about such things as home-schooling and billionaires. That’s why I cherish him so much

Not going to pass judgement until I hear studio tracks, I am not a dog on a chain (the song) sounded great live and then the studio track was like the fun police abducted it and beat it up in the back of a van before allowing it on the CD

Not going to pass judgement until I hear studio tracks, I am not a dog on a chain (the song) sounded great live and then the studio track was like the fun police abducted it and beat it up in the back of a van before allowing it on the CD
Could you post a link to live version of I am not a dog on a chain (the song) ?
;)

As much as I enjoy the fun track WMTWD and the retro organ in TNPD, they have nothing on any of the BOT tracks.

We are really missing out on BOT at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom