What if Morrissey met Jesse Tobias in 1991?

Thanks Maurice. So as far as the new material goes, there's 3 Boz songs and 1 Jesse.

Oh is it? I knew Action and Scandinavia were Boz songs but wasn't sure about the other two.
This from Boz the day after they first played Scandinavia.
"Born last night at around 10.20pm, in the Voxhall in Arhus, a new song, weighing in at about 3.20 its' name is 'Scandinavia', a tale of despair ending in hope and love, both fathers are doing well after the young song's appearance in the world. Peace to all. BB"

Oh is it? I knew Action and Scandinavia were Boz songs but wasn't sure about the other two.
This from Boz the day after they first played Scandinavia.
"Born last night at around 10.20pm, in the Voxhall in Arhus, a new song, weighing in at about 3.20 its' name is 'Scandinavia', a tale of despair ending in hope and love, both fathers are doing well after the young song's appearance in the world. Peace to all. BB"

Yup! Action, Kids a Looker, & Scandinavia are all Boz, and People is Jesse's. I wonder if Alain has submitted anything to Moz?

Yup! Action, Kids a Looker, & Scandinavia are all Boz, and People is Jesse's. I wonder if Alain has submitted anything to Moz?

We've been told by a reliable source that Morrissey and Alain have not been communicating at all for several years.
However, the same reliable source also stated that 'Action is my Middle Name' was definitely written by Alain when it turns out it was written by Boz. Oh dear - I'm beginning to wonder if you can believe anything you read on the internet!

Morrissey's loss is Alanis' gain? Whatver happened to her?

So, is Alain totally off the scene these days? I would be a bit pissed off if I supplied all the best tunes and wasn't allowed to play on the recording sessions.

So, is Alain totally off the scene these days? I would be a bit pissed off if I supplied all the best tunes and wasn't allowed to play on the recording sessions.

Morrissey has said there's been no replacing. Here's an old True-to-You Q&A from January 4, 2006.

Q7: HOW HAS JESSE TOBIAS AFFECTED THE NEW ALBUM?

Darragh, Dublin
--
hello Darragh

If you hear the new album you will notice a marked difference in sound, principally due to both Michael Farrell and to Jesse. Personally and musically, Jesse has made a big impact - You Have Killed Me, The Youngest Was The Most Loved, In The Future When All's Well, I Just Want To See The Boy Happy....these songs, especially, fully release the hounds. There are no Boz songs on this album, but strangely, it is the album on which Boz has been most involved and had such a massive input. Boz is 24-hour non-stop, and if impetus lulls, Boz steers everyone back on track.
If it seems to some people that Jesse has replaced Alain, I would like to say that this isn't true. There is no replacing and there is nothing but harmony amongst all the players.
I understand that there are always poisonous assumptions on the SoLow site, but that's all just crap.

Thanks for the video link. He certainly doesn't play with that kind of energy anymore!
I was just listening to this song earlier actually, as I was sunbathing in the park. Alanis Morrissette's greatest hits CD is actually quite good (so long as you are not a musical s-knob and hate all things 'pop').

Also - I'd bang her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops I was a bit late there wasn't I?I ll get me coat.

Back
Top Bottom