What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

They play some seconds of Girlfriend in a Coma during episode 4 of Black Mirror's last season. I don't know why, it made me remember the official video of Everyday is like Sunday.

i may try watching black mirror, but i dont know.... technology unsettles me

i may try watching black mirror, but i dont know.... technology unsettles me

It's more about the social changes that could exist in the near future. It's not about actual technology, although some contemporary technological features are projected in the future.

That makes me remember some old books my maternal grandfather collected during the sixties that predicted a lot of technological advances that would exist in year 2000. Nothing or very little of those predictions exists now. The future will always be different of what we think it will be. Likely it will be much worst, as it is now compared with predictions made half a century ago.

It's more about the social changes that could exist in the near future. It's not about actual technology, although some contemporary technological features are projected in the future.

That makes me remember some old books my maternal grandfather collected during the sixties that predicted a lot of technological advances that would exist in year 2000. Nothing or very little of those predictions exists now. The future will always be different of what we think it will be. Likely it will be much worst, as it is now compared with predictions made half a century ago.
yes, i find it so depressing. makes me wish i had lived a hundred years ago.

yes, i find it so depressing. makes me wish i had lived a hundred years ago.

Even more.
Just before Edison invented the use of electricity to create an electric lightbulb.
I very well could do with candlelight, even reading by candlelight is nice.
Maybe I can try to pretend the lightbulb and all his successors to be nonexistent.
The warm light of a candle makes me relaxed and it supplies me enough light to read.
It's even cheaper I think and don't start about pollution cause that electricity is more polluting.
Is there anything more satisfying than fumbling for a book at the end of another dissapointing day and get into that other world by candlelight? I don't think so.
I remember moz saying something equal and it might be it influenced me by saying this.
I don't care. He was right.

Last edited:
I suppose this thread is mostly about entertainment shows on tv but season 2 of "Svenska fall för FBI" started the other night. It features Mark Safarik of the FBI who together with swedish chief inspector Bo Åström take on swedish cold cases.

Bo Åström goes by the nickname "22-0" cause he solved 22 murders on the trot and Mark Safarik from the FBI has a long successful career behind him solving many murders.

They were both in my area earlier this year to try and solve the local murder of Victor Hasselström who has been missing since 2009. The police is absolutely sure that he was murdered and they have a few suspects but have so far not had any breakthrough. That case will come up later during this season.

150416_svenskafall_formatbild.png

Victor Hasselström:

680.jpg

Mark Safarik on sweden's most famous crime professor Leif GW Persson:

True, but in this case it was a reaction (piloerection) in response to the strong emotions I felt when watching that TV episode.

Sorry to bother you, but that word bothers me.
Is it really piloerection or is that a well placed typo and should it be piloereaction?
Also considering pillowreaction.
I have a vivid imagination, not only with words.

Sorry to bother you, but that word bothers me.
Is it really piloerection or is that a well placed typo and should it be piloereaction?
Also considering pillowreaction.
I have a vivid imagination, not only with words.

(pilo=hair) + (erect=rigid, vertical) = hairs vertical and erect = piloerection. It is a real medical term.

(pilo=hair) + (erect=rigid, vertical) = hairs vertical and erect = piloerection. It is a real medical term.

Thank you so much.
Hope you didn't mind asking you.
Cheers

Not my fave tv show but tonight I watched a documentary about the rise of the KKK. Maybe we need a thread about what we watched on tv today, or what show we watched online at various channels play services.

This documentary was made by BBC but swedish state tv show a host of programmes and documentaries about what goes on in USA and apparently the KKK are on the increase as never before. Many businessmen turn to them to guard their stores when there are riots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06fq188

Back
Top Bottom