What Song(s) Is Best To Introduce Someone To The Smiths?

I think the short, sharp songs are the best for new listeners. In my experience people who I have played Ask, Sheila take a bow, Panic etc have been the ones most likely to enjoy listening to more

Well, everybody, i've got good news. A few band practices ago, I showed one of my bandmates (There's three of us) What Difference Does It Make? on youtube before the other bandmate arrived. He liked it. So at the last rehearsal session, I decided to bring all the Smiths albums discounting The Smiths, Strangeways and Rank (Not sure why now) so that he and my other band mate could listen to them. I don't know about the other bandmate but the one who i'd shown WDDIM to just emailed me and I quote: "I've listened to the Smiths and I LOVE them. I was wondering if you had any more of their CD's so I can put them on my computer. That would be great if you did."
Mission: Successful. I've done it! Thankyou everyone. Now for the other bandmember... :)

Well, everybody, i've got good news. A few band practices ago, I showed one of my bandmates (There's three of us) What Difference Does It Make? on youtube before the other bandmate arrived. He liked it. So at the last rehearsal session, I decided to bring all the Smiths albums discounting The Smiths, Strangeways and Rank (Not sure why now) so that he and my other band mate could listen to them. I don't know about the other bandmate but the one who i'd shown WDDIM to just emailed me and I quote: "I've listened to the Smiths and I LOVE them. I was wondering if you had any more of their CD's so I can put them on my computer. That would be great if you did."
Mission: Successful. I've done it! Thankyou everyone. Now for the other bandmember... :)

Glad you let us know how it turned out. Perhaps you could leave a polite note on that other bandmember's windscreen...:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom