What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

Jeff Buckley - Dream Brother

Reminds me of sitting on a beach near St Tropez, boozed up on local wine, watching the waves roll in and staring at the nudists on the beach. Happy days.

Peter

I thought the thread is about Smiths/Morrissey song which you're currently obsessed with. :p

Mine is "Boxers".

If it's non Morrissey it's this demo version of John Lennon "Nobody told me there'd be days like these" and for Morrissey it's "That's How People Grow Up". I've been listening to the David Letterman version of that and it's really great.

currently adore:

the live clip of I'm Throwing my Arms around Paris (too gorgeous)
Honey, You Know Where to Find Me
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
At Last I Am Born
I Don't Owe You Anything

recently, was obsessed with:

Oh Well, I'll Never Learn
Speedway (live)
You Have Killed Me
Good-looking Man About town
Trouble Loves Me
To Me You Are a Work of Art
I Have Forgiven Jesus

dave?

Good Looking Man About Town. I think this song has been sorta overlooked. Some of the lyrics are just beautiful, eg "the dream becomes sand in my hands."

Sorry, hope not being too nerdy, but.............

1. "Do your Best and Don't Worry" from Practising Troublemaker bootie CD: Live at Wembley Arena 14/11/1995 (Bowie Support!). This song from "Grammar" gets a brand new lease of life as a live version! It simply ROCKS. And the band sounds the bollocks - I mean the bollocks!

2. "Why don't You find out For Yourself". A Rough demo (picked from here actually!) It sounds like a different song altogether. It sounds very 90's Brit-pop.

3. "America is Not the World". Opener of Quarry. I mean, already in the opening track Morrissey tells the world where burgers should be put!

4. "Irish Blood English Heart". Single. What a beauty! Short and sweet rant about,,,erh...the things Morrissey dislikes!

5. "International Playboys". Always a stormer!

I am totally obsessed with Jack the Ripper,
i saw it from the M in Manchester dvd earlier today, and i just cried...
and now ive had it on loop all day, this is gonna be an obsession of epic proportions. :rolleyes:

Still Suffer Little Children, it's just too powerful and Late Night Maudlin Street.

I have been obsessed with "Louder Than Bombs" since the day it came out .
I don't think there has been one day in the 20 years since that i have not listened to this albums songs , often times listening to tracks repeatedly.

East West
Whatever happens, I love you
Yes I am blind
Sunny
I've changed my plea to guilty

(I thank Pregs for my recent obsessions =o)

Last edited:
I love this thread....

Sheila, Take a Bow
Nowhere Fast
Dagenham Dave
The Last of the Famous International Playboys
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Tomorrow
Billy Budd
Spring-Heeled Jim

that's a lot...

Back