What Would You Have Done?

TrueToYou

I am mine.
So, On Monday night I was out with some friends for a birthday night out. We were pretty merry but not like paraletic drunk. It was getting to near the end of the night and we were all starting to get pretty chilled out and it was a good vibe.
We were in the smoking area when we could hear someone shouting at a girl. I looked up to see what was going on and he pushed a table into her and started getting really aggressive. I personally hate to see guys knocking abotu agirl so I tapped the girl on the shoulder and said "Let's go inside, we'll get a bouncer" whilst not even looking at the man in question. Before I knew it i was on the floor, apparently the guys mate had swung a sucker punch for me out of nowhere and i hit the floor immediately due to the suprise of the attack. I landed face first onto the concrete and had 3 teeth knocked out and a fractured cheekbone from the initial punch. I then spent the next couple of days being taken from the hospital to the police station and vice versa. Now I didn't square upto the guy in question at all and just tried to get the girl out of there.

Would anyone here else had done the same or should i have just left it?
Because now i have 3 missing teeth and can barely see out of one eye.

Re: Whqt Would You Have Done?

I tapped the girl on the shoulder and said "Let's go inside, we'll get a bouncer" whilst not even looking at the man in question.

Sorry to hear of your bad bad experience but I think the mistake you made was to say,"Let's go inside", it would automatically put the thug's back up making him feel excluded from ''his girl" (?) and threatened.
Probably in hindsight,would have been better to get a bouncer and leave him to deal with it.

Hope you're feeling ok.

Sorry to hear of your bad bad experience but I think the mistake you made was to say,"Let's go inside", it would automatically put the thug's back up making him feel excluded from ''his girl" (?) and threatened.
Probably in hindsight,would have been better to get a bouncer and leave him to deal with it.

Hope you're feeling ok.

It wasn't "his girl". It was just some random girl he was starting shit on. I'm on a slow road to recovery.

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Hope more witnesses will come forward and police will arrest the wankers.

You were very brave to step in. I'm sorry you got the rough end of it, but you might be feeling less happy with yourself as a person if you hadn't. And that sort of feeling lasts far, far longer than your injuries will.

Get well soon, Mr Hero - and make sure the baddies have to pay for getting your teeth fixed.

:)

So, On Monday night I was out with some friends for a birthday night out. We were pretty merry but not like paraletic drunk. It was getting to near the end of the night and we were all starting to get pretty chilled out and it was a good vibe.
We were in the smoking area when we could hear someone shouting at a girl. I looked up to see what was going on and he pushed a table into her and started getting really aggressive. I personally hate to see guys knocking abotu agirl so I tapped the girl on the shoulder and said "Let's go inside, we'll get a bouncer" whilst not even looking at the man in question. Before I knew it i was on the floor, apparently the guys mate had swung a sucker punch for me out of nowhere and i hit the floor immediately due to the suprise of the attack. I landed face first onto the concrete and had 3 teeth knocked out and a fractured cheekbone from the initial punch. I then spent the next couple of days being taken from the hospital to the police station and vice versa. Now I didn't square upto the guy in question at all and just tried to get the girl out of there.

Would anyone here else had done the same or should i have just left it?
Because now i have 3 missing teeth and can barely see out of one eye.

You did the right thing. Don't second-guess yourself.

yes you did the right thing but...
it sounds like there were no other people around so the smartest way i to behave if you see someone assaulted is to ask others to join in and help .
civil courage
there were several tests where people in public places like in tubes busses rather lookin away if they see trouble/harassment often out of fear
but help when someone ask them to join in in confront the person who is assualting.

There was about 7 other people around the incident who weren't doing anything to help prevent it which is probably what made me try and step in. I wasn't trying to be the hero or big man, I was just trying to stop a girl getting battered.

I've gotta go to the dentists tuesday but I will be claiming the charges and they do know who done it and have suitable witnesses etc and good characted judges as I'm not the sort to go around starting fights.

Thank you for your kind words.

TrueToYou,
Make sure you press charges if possible, don't let the f*cker/s get away with it.
I with you a speedy recovery and don't let the experience take away your confidence.

There was about 7 other people around the incident who weren't doing anything to help prevent it
which is probably what made me try and step in. I wasn't trying to be the hero or big man, I was just trying to stop a girl getting battered.

I've gotta go to the dentists tuesday but I will be claiming the charges and they do know who done it and have suitable witnesses etc and good characted judges as I'm not the sort to go around starting fights.

Thank you for your kind words.
sorry to hear. what i mean with how to get others to help you that you yourself has to confront the persons who are witnessing it but dont do anything ,is to them tell them to join in as a help: she needs help come on join in .help
-if they are confronted directly, preferaby you going to them, rather than shouting to them for afar for help is another story and though that direct confrontation they feel rather more obligded to help
as i mentioned the example with the assualt in the tube where either no one was reacting and if a single perosn standing up they rather let him /her do all the work and wouldnt get into the danger zone unless theyare confronted by the person who wants to helps the assaulted.
i wish you a speedy recovery
dont regret it. the girl who was assaulted did appreaciated your help,that goes without saying.

Last edited:

I'd have called her over to talk and then brought her inside to tell a bouncer. But depending on your build, your actions were likely entirely justified. I'm just a little chick who tends to get thrown when I break up confrontations.

Regardless, I think you did a very brave thing. Feel better and hopefully someone arrests those douchebags.

I'd have killed everybody with my shotgun!

You did the right thing.

you did the right thing TTY... and it was hugely brave of you to do it.
I'm really sorry it's left you in such a mess.. If i were you, i'd be going to the flashiest dentist around to get implants for the 3 missing teeth, courtesy of the thugs wallet of course.

PS: that's one of my worst nightmares - falling and having my teeth knocked out or nose broken. yikes!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom