Which instruments did Morrissey attempt to learn when he was younger?

spleenhead

Yes, I am spleen
I remember reading quite a lot about this in one of the many books about him (probably The Severed Alliance), but can't seem to find any info anymore. Anyone know?

he tried learning on guitar..that for sure..but mentioned that he wasn't that talented..and gave it up..source from any interview..i'm sure the next one will know it:)
and i heard s.th about drums..but not sure..could be just a rumour:confused:

Last edited:
Morrissey was learning to drum.

According to Johnny Marr, he did contributed alot of drum parts of Smiths songs.

Maybe it was the piano, and badly at that? I was bad at that too, and have the memories to prove it, even though I don't remember it

i remember reading about him learning the drums, and that before Morrissey and Dean butterworth parted ways, Dean gave Morrissey a drum kit.

In the Importance of Being Morrissey you can see there's a drumset in his house. And I also saw a picture of Moz playing drums a while ago...

In the Importance of Being Morrissey you can see there's a drumset in his house. And I also saw a picture of Moz playing drums a while ago...

Really? That's so cool. I mean...that's so profound. No, actually it's pretty cool.

If you have the two disc version of "You Are The Quarry" you can see a picture of Morrissey thrashing the drums on the interactive photo gallery.

Back
Top Bottom