Wilde Letters

D

DianaDors

After the James Dean watch episode, I wonder whether Morrissey might wish to acquire a set of Oscar Wilde's love letters:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11326006

(Re: Stephen Fry saying that celibacy was "just one of the things" he has in common with Moz, I'd have thought the main thing was SCREAMINGLY obvious...) ;)

Wilde invites the young man to "tea and dinner." Hmmm, could this be a euphemism. I seem to remember Ms Riley presented Moz with an expensive first edition of 'De Profundis.' Can't really see Moz handing over his royalties, athough if Ronnie Kray's love letters appeared on eBay.......

Moz & Sir Fry? Er...both attended wedding of Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowel? Both support Norwich City? :lbf:

Both would hate to be called called Steve?

I've often wondered what his nephew calls him...? Uncle Steve? Uncle Steven? Uncle Morrissey..?? LOL

As for Ronnie Kray's love letters, somehow I don't think billets-doux were Ronnie's style. But some of the paintings he did inside Broadmoor have surfaced and been sold.

Yeah, guess Ronnie's romantic advances took the form "sleep with me or I will smash yer face!"

His paintings have sold in excess of £15k and frankly, they look like Stephen Hawking had painted them.

Yeah, guess Ronnie's romantic advances took the form "sleep with me or I will smash yer face!"

His paintings have sold in excess of £15k and frankly, they look like Stephen Hawking had painted them.

Yes, but I hear that Stephen Hawking was equally contemptuous of Ronnie Kray's views on nuclear physics, so I guess it's horses for courses...

Ronnie was encouraged to paint by his prison psychiatrist as a form of creative catharticism. Given that, surprising the paintings are awash with bright and vibrant colours.

C'mon, what does Mr Hawking know about nuclear physics:lbf::lbf:

Back
Top Bottom