Woderful Woman is... well, wonderful

Denia

pirate wench
most people say "wonderful woman" is one of The Smiths weaker tracks and i couldn't disagree more. maybe i'm crazy, but it's one of my favorites. the sadness of the song is so fantastic and yes, it does sound a bit strange with the over-polished guitar, which is something very unlike johnny marr... but altogether it's a wonderful track. do you agree or are you wondering if i've gone mad?

Last edited:
I don't think you are mad..but thats coming from me.xx
It is a fantastic song..
I love the when she calls me I do not walk..bit,Morrisseys voice was lovely and harmonious back then..
The guitar does sound very polished but it is still wonderful.
Along with Jeane they make the perfect couple.xx

Yes I love Wonderful Woman too. And Jeane too, and Accept Yourself has grown on me a bit. You're right, Denia, Wonderful Woman (and the other two as well), at least from my experiences with other fans, seem to be randomly targeted as the band's weakest songs. Maybe they are, but being the weakest (I notice many fans don't use the word "worst" because of connotations of being a bad song) song by the greatest band of all time is still a high honor.

i'm glad to still be considered sane (at least by the standards of moz fans). and as Illness As Art stated, i too love the "when she calls me..." but. it's amazing how underrated this song is.

Yeah he does. I used to think it was "lets go a trip up north!" :o

I think it's a great song. I prefer the Troy Tate version, less polished, and works all the better for it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom