YATQ 20th Anniversary Special: Jan 26th - Kia Forum, CA / 27th, 2024 - Honda Center, CA (December 1, 2023)

IMG_5518.jpeg

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, he’ll play half a dozen songs from quarry, then the usual, We hate it, Frank, Paris. Stop me,
It will be interesting to see how all of this actually pans out.

He should play Quarry era B-sides for the encore set. And then come out again and finish with two stone cold classics, like NMHIF and TIALTNGO. But of course he won’t.

What is the capacity for these two shows?

Fairly ambitious to announce them only 7 weeks in advance. If he will do more theme shows like these will probably depend on the success of these next month.

In other words, he’ll play half a dozen songs from quarry, then the usual, We hate it, Frank, Paris. Stop me,
It will be interesting to see how all of this actually pans out.
I anticipate that he’ll play them all, but I expect he’d get some applause for simply skipping You Know I Couldn’t Last—surely the worst closing track of any Morrissey LP.

He should play Quarry era B-sides for the encore set. And then come out again and finish with two stone cold classics, like NMHIF and TIALTNGO. But of course he won’t.

You mean like when Robert Smith played Disintegration in its entirety and did the entire era’s b-sides (and demos) as part of the encore?

Or when he did the Reflections shows in 2011 and did all of the b-sides and obscurities from that triple album era as the encore, not missing a single thing (apart from The Weedy Burton, which he did on the second night to correct it)?

I anticipate that he’ll play them all, but I expect he’d get some applause for simply skipping You Know I Couldn’t Last—surely the worst closing track of any Morrissey LP.

Perhaps he’ll do the demo version of it, “The Leeches Keep On Removing” or something to that effect.

You mean like when Robert Smith played Disintegration in its entirety and did the entire era’s b-sides (and demos) as part of the encore?

Or when he did the Reflections shows in 2011 and did all of the b-sides and obscurities from that triple album era as the encore, not missing a single thing (apart from The Weedy Burton, which he did on the second night to correct it)?
Exactly. That’s the proper way to do it. Bruce Springsteen has done similar stuff with the River album. These types of shows aren’t meant for the casual listener, so why cater to them?

Exactly. That’s the proper way to do it. Bruce Springsteen has done similar stuff with the River album. These types of shows aren’t meant for the casual listener, so why cater to them?

Because he doesn’t have enough hardcore fans left to fill these large venues. Particularly after shafting them at the Greek Theater in LA last year.

Because he doesn’t have enough hardcore fans left to fill these large venues. Particularly after shafting them at the Greek Theater in LA last year.
Right, because there was a chill in the air. The KIA arena is indoor?

After this 40 years of Morrissey tour I don't fully trust him to do what he either says or implies. He truly will lose a lot of us diehards if he doesn't play Quarry "in its entirety" on those January dates because announcing you're going to play something then not is giving people hope they will hear specific tracks.

These type of shows are always a cash grab, however, that doesn't really matter if your fans want to hear specific albums live which they invariably do. It will matter if it's advertised as celebrating Quarry and he does a few songs from it then the rest are the usual. There is also the fact that I don't know if the band have enough time to actually learn the album in its entirety by them. The dates aren't far off.

If he does pull it off, and I hope he does, dates in the UK would be nice. I wish he would announce things earlier because it gives people time to organise themselves. Right now we tend to get dates dropped from out of the blue and they are sometimes announced far too close to the actual gigs themselves.

Here's hoping this happens, goes well and expands to the UK.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom