Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Today, I received:

The Last Of The Famous, US single cassette

Ouija Board, US single cassette

Sing Your Life, US single cassette

My Love Life, US single cassette

Bona Drag, US album cassette

All for a grand total of £0.00, from a very kind and generous person.

Roy's Keen, UK 12" single, in amazing condition for £10. I love the cover on this 12"

All You Need Is Me, UK 7" single #1 (2 off) from Recordstore bought after the two copies from HMV had damaged sleeves. I thank Grim for his help in recommending Recordstore.

Today, I received:

The Last Of The Famous, US single cassette

Ouija Board, US single cassette

Sing Your Life, US single cassette

My Love Life, US single cassette

Bona Drag, US album cassette

All for a grand total of £0.00, from a very kind and generous person.

Roy's Keen, UK 12" single, in amazing condition for £10. I love the cover on this 12"

All You Need Is Me, UK 7" single #1 (2 off) from Recordstore bought after the two copies from HMV had damaged sleeves. I thank Grim for his help in recommending Recordstore.

cassette singles are fun , is this your new thing

Earl's Court CD-R promo turned up today, the insert/flimsy sleeve inside the PVC wallet is one of those crappy perforated ones where the cd inevitabley finds it's way through the sides.
Still I like 'em those cd-r's!

My most rescent buy is The Smiths 7" white label test pressing of "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" for only $71. Musicstack Market Place is selling it for $487.38

My most rescent buy is The Smiths 7" white label test pressing of "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" for only $71. Musicstack Market Place is selling it for $487.38

Musicstack is selling the testpressing with cut out centre, which is worth approx. US $ 20, if you have the cut out centre, you have paid too much.
the "heaven knows" tesppressing without the cut out centre is apart from
"hand in glove" 7 testpressing 1983 (give to all band members) and
"charming man" 7 one-side tespressing with diffenrent mix the rarest vinyl
ever made by the smiths.

Stefan R

cassette singles are fun , is this your new thing

Hi Vivabob,

I collect most things to do with The Smiths/Morrissey. Vinyl is still my favourite media to collect, but I do have a soft spot for cassette singles, they are an oddity, cassettes were clearly never designed to be used as a single format.

Hi Vivabob,

I collect most things to do with The Smiths/Morrissey. Vinyl is still my favourite media to collect, but I do have a soft spot for cassette singles, they are an oddity, cassettes were clearly never designed to be used as a single format.

i like collecting CDs , i dont know what it is about them but they make me happy LOL , what cassettes do you still need ?

i like collecting CDs , i dont know what it is about them but they make me happy LOL , what cassettes do you still need ?

I actually have very few of the casstte singles, I assume they never sold in large numbers as they very rarely appear at record fairs or at least the ones I attend and second hand record shops seem dis-interested in stocking cassettes.

My most recent Moz buys were the CD single of "Boy Racer" and the KROQ EP, all for the low low price of about $6.50. :) Been looking all over for the KROQ CD...

My white label 7" test pressing of "heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is NOT the cut out. It looks like the one you have pictured.

today the "roy's keen" cd single turned up in my mail box. but i guess, technically, i bought the "all you need is me" set after that. well no, i pre ordered that. so i don't really know.
what an ass.

ROTTUKpromo.jpg

I like this, do you know why it's the 'revised' version? I've just got the standard UK cd-r promo.

I guess it is called revised because they changed "The Father That Must Be Killed" into "The Father Who Must Be Killed". Both watermarked promo CD-r's still have "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero" instead of "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now". So, Sanctuary should have released a re-revised version too!

Take care, Marcel

I just won the German "Ask" 7 inch Teldec/Zensor 6.14721 - Colin Campbell sleeve for 8.39 Euros - which i think was quite a bargain. Not sure about it's condition tho (described as "good").

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom