Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

yepiiiiii I'm happy today.

smiths_promo.jpg

now that looks really cool can i get more info on it ... i take it it isnt that old

Just had the best night of my life. Anybody that has been friends with Joey (ramone) or have held a conversation with Jerry Nolan just blows me away, and I am not easily starstrucked, when it comes to conventional top 20 US/UK artists (my line of work). Whit a little bit of luck I will have something to show/share from it.

now that looks really cool can i get more info on it ... i take it it isnt that old

Thanks... It's a demonstration 2xCD, released in 2006.
CD#1 is The Smiths. CD#2 is a tribute to The Smiths with bands like Placebo, Billy Bragg, Low, Kirsty MacColl, Pete Yorn, At The Drive In, etc...

I'll try to put the images on my website later this week.

Just had the best night of my life. Anybody that has been friends with Joey (ramone) or have held a conversation with Jerry Nolan just blows me away, and I am not easily starstrucked, when it comes to conventional top 20 US/UK artists (my line of work). Whit a little bit of luck I will have something to show/share from it.

That's really cool... Would you share these songs with us after you get them?

I have met the Ramones a few times.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
CD#1 is The Smiths. CD#2 is a tribute to The Smiths with bands like Placebo, Billy Bragg, Low, Kirsty MacColl, Pete Yorn, At The Drive In, etc...

thats great , i think i actually have the tribute album but would love to see it

Note to self: try not to post when drunk.

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful - Germany 7"

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 7" paper sleeve

If I manage to get some recordings from that lady I will let you know though, flax. She also had some Gangwar stuff:)

I think you got it for a very reasonable price, I paid £110 for my copy earlier in the year (record fair) and and I has pleased with that, so £68.49 seems a bargain.

Personally, I love my copy.

Suedehead 7" £1.75 from Barnardos
AYNIM both 7"ers £1.99 apiece hmv

love

Grim

Talking of Billy Bragg and Placebo - I got sent one of the very few PROMO copies of Les Inrockuptibles "The Smiths Is Dead" to review for a radio show in the UK. Afterwards, I sent it to a fan in California. God knows who has it, I have no idea, probably worth a few quid now.

Peter

I received my cd and 7" set of "AYNIM" but have had great difficulty yanking the cd and inner from its outer sleeve, as it's such a tight fit. Each time I try I am unsuccessful and give up in fear of causing damage to the packaging and / or disc. Anybody else had this problem? Also, any tips for a smooth pull out method would be gratefully appreciated, so that I can actually play "CIP". Incidentally, we never had this problem with Decca's previous offering which had a similar design style, so please don't suggest that I eat more spinach etc!

I received my cd and 7" set of "AYNIM" but have had great difficulty yanking the cd and inner from its outer sleeve, as it's such a tight fit. Each time I try I am unsuccessful and give up in fear of causing damage to the packaging and / or disc. Anybody else had this problem? Also, any tips for a smooth pull out method would be gratefully appreciated, so that I can actually play "CIP". Incidentally, we never had this problem with Decca's previous offering which had a similar design style, so please don't suggest that I eat more spinach etc!

Mine is the same, i`ve had spinach with my Sunday nut-roast and i still can`t get it out. Bloody thing

i just went for it and yes, the outer cover did bend a bit. pain in the a**.

Mine is the same, i`ve had spinach with my Sunday nut-roast and i still can`t get it out. Bloody thing

i just went for it and yes, the outer cover did bend a bit. pain in the a**.

This was reported when the single was released , everyone has had the same issues , it seems to be tight taking it out for the first time after that its ok ,the problem is quite a few people have ripped their copies when they get taken out ... the plus side is that they are will be worth more perfect and there will be less copies

The Smiths - Elvis would have smiled ( CD )

Morrissey - ROTT ( promo CD )

Morrissey - Our Frank - Aussie 7'' vinyl ( EMI red cover )

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom