A letter to Morrissey

azzmoz

Hey guys, I just wondered if anyone knew where I could write to Morrissey and he would receive it and actually read it. Would mean a lot to me.

Thanks

Report: Fax Machines Still Pretty Impressive If You Think About It

WASHINGTON—Fax machines, despite using 40-year-old technology and having come into prominence in the 1980s, are actually still pretty impressive if you think about it, a new Brookings Institute report confirmed Tuesday. "Yes, the words 'fax machine' evoke this arcane image of a bulky telephone apparatus that makes a dial-up modem sound, but come on, if you take a step back and think about how, with one press of a button, it's capable of transmitting a facsimile of a document thousands of miles away over a standard telephone line, there's no way you can't find that slightly remarkable," the report read in part, adding that one has to admit that even with all the technological advancements over the years, the fact that fax machines are still viable communication devices in offices around the world is "pretty goddamn amazing." "People still use these things. They rely on them. It's not uncommon for someone to say, 'Send me a fax.' When's the last time you heard someone say, 'Can I borrow your Discman?' See what we're saying?" The report concluded that the mere fact we're even talking about fax machines right now should be evidence enough of how great they still are.

:p The Onion

Unless you throw it to him on stage (and he actually picks it up), you've got no chance. He stopped answering fan mail in 1985. Add to that the fact that he doesn't have a record label and you've got more chance of landing on Mars. Actually, the best way to communicate with Moz directly would be to post here, since people in his "camp" obviously read it and report to him about its goings-on :p

I wrote to him once via his then management company - found the address on the back of an album (world of morrissey or maybe my early burglary years - or maybe even one of the singles from around that time) anyway it was around 1997 and he was laying low in LA. He must have got my letter because about three months later he wrote back! So don't believe it when people say he never writes back. Not sure why he decided to reply to me - His reply was a short note without a return address and so the correspondence ended there, I think the trick is not to say "please reply otherwise i'll drown in my own tears....."
goodluck.
I scanned the reply on here once but can't seem to find it now...

For your interest

I wrote to him once via his then management company - found the address on the back of an album (world of morrissey or maybe my early burglary years - or maybe even one of the singles from around that time) anyway it was around 1997 and he was laying low in LA. He must have got my letter because about three months later he wrote back! So don't believe it when people say he never writes back. Not sure why he decided to reply to me - His reply was a short note without a return address and so the correspondence ended there, I think the trick is not to say "please reply otherwise i'll drown in my own tears....."
goodluck.
I scanned the reply on here once but can't seem to find it now...

You should bookmark this

Re: For your interest

Poor guy was probably looking for a quick save himself in 1997. Probably why he responded. :tears:

yeah i think your right - i do hope i helped.

Well, you're still here supporting him. So yes. :flowers:

Abuse him at gigs. Then, ONLY THEN, does he listen.

Back
Top Bottom