Abortion!!!!

How can you conciously contemplate, when theres no debate?

Sir Alec asked not debate about the subject on this thread.
If you want to debate about abortion, you're welcome to post a new thread.

Fair point about making a new thread kewpie, but I think its a hard thing to "police" in a forum such as this, the nature of the boards is that people interact and have conversations, I am sure Sir Alec realises that.

How can you conciously contemplate, when theres no debate?

:)

f*** it. I never expected people to not debate. I ask that if you want to debate abortion in general, please start another thread.

Just so everyone knows, because people can scan a thread fast without actually reading anything, this petition is to make sure not all abortions are banned, and I urge people to sign it, because it is simply unjustifiable to not allow the option of abortion in cases of rape or health issues.

And for people who are against all abortions period in the US, read the 9th and 14th Amendments of the constitution.

f*** it. I never expected people to not debate. I ask that if you want to debate abortion in general, please start another thread.

Just so everyone knows, because people can scan a thread fast without actually reading anything, this petition is to make sure not all abortions are banned, and I urge people to sign it, because it is simply unjustifiable to not allow the option of abortion in cases of rape or health issues.

And for people who are against all abortions period in the US, read the 9th and 14th Amendments of the constitution.

i did, the people would rather disrespect your wishes though
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72012*
sorry Sir Alec :confused:

*=i got work on my thread titles maybe...

To me this is absolutely amazing!!!!! Erm, to the folks in Europe, you guys are killing yourselves off! The birth rate does not support the population growth. More people in Europe are having more abortions than any other continent. Sickening. As far as the US Constitution is concerned, where the hell does it say that its ok to have an abortion in the 9th and 14th amendment!!!!

That's right. We are all Morrissey fans, but if the man doesn't freakin' eat meat i seriously doubt that he's for abortion.. IT IS A CHILD!!!! For those who support it, you apparently have not been pregnant, carried a child to full term and have been absolutely amazed at every stage of growth that is occuring. If you have been, and still support it SHAME ON YOU!!! Because you cannot say that ignorance played a part in your views on this subject.

WARNING: Please do not debate on this thread!

Help take action to prevent the banning of all abortions in the US. Even cases involving rape and medical issues could be made illegal if we don't take action.

Sign the petition here

Non-Americans are welcome to sign the petition.

How stupid is this discussion? First off, there will never be a complete ban on abortion. The DEBATE is on PARTIAL BIRTH abortions. The whole movement is a waste of time. Honestly, the people that are PRO-ABORTION are the only ones who are worried that a bill or law would be passed to ban it... its not gonna happen so relax! People just need to re-examine themselves, and see whats really important.

Dear Sir Alice,

Please keep your limey nose out of American affairs.

Now we aren't supposed to debate but we are supposed to read the 9th and 14th amendments. Basically these say that all people born in the US are citizens and should have equal rights and that the constitution should be interpreted this way. So I guess the key thing here has to do with the rights of the "born" versus the rights of the "unborn"? I'm not sure, I might be misinterpreting your meaning.

I looked at the way the 14th Amendment is relevant and found this.

Under the 14th Amendment's "personal liberty", women are
given the right to receive an abortion. The 14th
Amendment's concept of "personal liberty" and restrictions
on state action, allows a woman to decide whether or not to
terminate her pregnancy. The right to choose to have an
abortion is so personal and essential to women's lives that
without this right, women cannot exercise other fundamental
rights and liberties guaranteed to them by the Constitution
(Paltrow 72). The state can't interfere in the private
lives of a citizen. Without the right to choose an abortion
the 14th Amendment's guarantee of liberty has little
meaning for women. With the right to choose an abortion,
women are able to enjoy, like men, the rights to fully use
the powers of their minds and bodies (Paltrow 73).

It goes on to say

A man can withdraw from a relationship as soon as he finds
out about a pregnancy. There is no question of his
involvement after that; he has made his choice. It is only
fair to say that women should be given the same choice.

The problem is that this just isn't true. A man cannot force a woman to continue the pregnancy to term, nor can he force a woman to abort. On the other hand if the man fathers a child he doesn't want the woman can force him to pay child support until the child is an adult.

(Haven't you ever seen the Maury Povich show?)

So basically that takes away the 14th amendment argument. It isn't about equality, really, because this is an issue in which equality is not possible.

Dear Sir Alice,

Please keep your limey nose out of American affairs.

Because he calls himself Sir Alec, you think he's British?
British people won't start a thread about a petition related to US affairs.
He'd be suddend by a fellow American's pedantry and rudeness. :rolleyes:

I've signed. No need to debate this one.
Women should definitely have absolute control
over what happens to their own bodies.

Because he calls himself Sir Alec, you think he's British?
British people won't start a thread about a petition related to US affairs.
He'd be suddend by a fellow American's pedantry and rudeness. :rolleyes:
I assume he is British not only because he is named "Sir Alice" but because he also acts dainty and not in a good way like Hugh Grant.

I apologise if I offended anyone....:( I get very emotive about the subject and realise its not the place on a Moz forum.)I have my reasons for feeling so strongly......peace,love and harmony....:D

I assume he is British not only because he is named "Sir Alice" but because he also acts dainty and not in a good way like Hugh Grant.

Hugh Grant isn't dainty, he pays for BJs!

I apologise if I offended anyone....:( I get very emotive about the subject and realise its not the place on a Moz forum.)I have my reasons for feeling so strongly......peace,love and harmony....:D

excellent... let's talk Muff!

Might I remind you you have a wife?
Not even dead and he's looking for an upgrade...

I signed, by the way.

Last edited:
Might I remind you you have a wife?
Not even dead and he's looking for an upgrade...

oh, sweetheart, you've got it all wrong. i was just continuing a completely innocent conversation that started on the "frink thread" (whatever fkn 'frink' means). you should know i don't go around just checkin' out random Muffage!!

Just checking. Not that I don't trust you, you understand, I seem to have a bit of a jelous streak...I might need some reassurence...

Just checking. Not that I don't trust you, you understand, I seem to have a bit of a jelous streak...I might need some reassurence...

it's quite attractive, actually.

reassurance? i see.

Back
Top Bottom