Alain explains why he left

TheSmiths_1985

Hello, honky tonks 💋
Has this been posted elsewhere and I’ve missed it?
IMG_5874.jpeg

Just a query as to why Donnie is referred to as 'temporary' - is my memory going or hasn't he been around for years? Or did he leave and come back at one point?

Just a query as to why Donnie is referred to as 'temporary' - is my memory going or hasn't he been around for years? Or did he leave and come back at one point?
Alain seems to think so. He’s been about for years, and is Morrissey’s de-facto Manager. He’s the one dealing with the new album and potential record companie.

Really? Seems a bit above a tour manager's pay grade.
There was a post on Central a while ago saying that any record companies or investors who wanted to finance the release of the album(s) should contact the tour manager and gave his email address.
All very odd.

Wonder what he did that Alain found so disrespectful that he’d leave the band?

Alain seems to think so. He’s been about for years, and is Morrissey’s de-facto Manager. He’s the one dealing with the new album and potential record companie.
Donnie isnt a temp tour manager, is he ?
He's been around a while . I've heard he M and Jesse often go out on the town .
So all this noise about Jesse is wrong ?

Goes way back:

"Music industry trade websites have recently listed Morrissey as being presently managed by either Irving Azoff or Ron Laffitte. This information is untrue. Morrissey does not have management, and does not have a recording deal. Any enquiries on both of these matters may be addressed to Donnie at [email protected].
No other source at this time represents Morrissey"

TTY - 2012.

FWD.

And the amount of people who said it was because of Morrissey’s x/y/z. Clowns

Maybe Donnie does a good job for Moz, so when Alain came with
a complaint, Moz figured that if they couldn't work it out, then it
was Alain's choice to leave.

I expect AW knows Donnie has M's fecking ear
So if he complained it would have been a wast of fecking time or he did complain and M sided with Donnie
Donnie and Jesse and M are quite close .
AW was never as close.
I think you have to see it from Ms point of view
He keeps himself to himself . His band/ fan relationships are rarely anything to do with his real friendships. Jesse and Donnie are actually pretty friendly with him. Like it or not .
So he will go with what they say . Sure AW used to be in the band , but that 16 years before he rejoined and even when he was in the band. Its not like M spent as much time with him as he does Jesse and Donnie , I don't think, anyway
So, I guess that's why AW thought no point in saying anything . Then again, what AW says publicly may not be what really happened .
I actually do not care .I was fecking gutted as I enjoyed the Vegas, SF shows and UK shows last year but i thought let's see what happens and what has happened is Jesse has pulled it off and got an exciting band together

Maybe Donnie does a good job for Moz, so when Alain came with
a complaint, Moz figured that if they couldn't work it out, then it
was Alain's choice to leave.
It doesn’t seem like Moz manages to get along with a lot of these management type people, so one of them he can get along with and make it work is probably worth a lot to him.

Plus, they might well be friends.

I don’t know. Alain and Gustavo might have overplayed their hand here. Not saying they were not right about whatever conflict happened, they probably are.

Last edited:
I expect AW knows Donnie has M's fecking ear
So if he complained it would have been a wast of fecking time or he did complain and M sided with Donnie
Donnie and Jesse and M are quite close .
AW was never as close.
I think you have to see it from Ms point of view
He keeps himself to himself . His band/ fan relationships are rarely anything to do with his real friendships. Jesse and Donnie are actually pretty friendly with him. Like it or not .
So he will go with what they say . Sure AW used to be in the band , but that 16 years before he rejoined and even when he was in the band. Its not like M spent as much time with him as he does Jesse and Donnie , I don't think, anyway
So, I guess that's why AW thought no point in saying anything . Then again, what AW says publicly may not be what really happened .
I actually do not care .I was fecking gutted as I enjoyed the Vegas, SF shows and UK shows last year but i thought let's see what happens and what has happened is Jesse has pulled it off and got an exciting band together
Looks to me like Alain did say something, probably along with Gustavo (and maybe others?), and Moz refused to let Donnie go.

What Alain said here fits perfectly with what dneuer had already told us btw.

It doesn’t seem like Moz manages to get along with a lot of these management type people, so one of them he can get along with and make ot work is probably worth a lot to him.

Plus, they might well be friends.

I don’t know. Alain and Gustavo might have overplayed their hand here. Not saying they were not right about whatever conflict happened, they probably are.

Yep, that's a good point.
Maybe Moz weighed his options and figured it's easier to
find a new guitarist than it is findin' new management.
Plus, Moz can't let a band member dictate who stays and goes.
It'd set a bad example and maybe even lead to problems.

Maybe Moz weighed his options and figured it's easier to
find a new guitarist than it is findin' new management.
Think Moz, Jesse and Donnie are thick as theives. I expect Moz doesn't trust people easily (especially with money), and he obviously trusts Donnie. Getting rid of him and starting with a new team would be a big move.

I suspect Donnie's view was something like Ech, guitarists come and go and Moz has done FINE without you, and Alain may have been more of the view that Donnie, who hasn't been writing songs with Morrissey for 32 years, should show more respect to people.

Guess nothing is stopping Alain from keeping on writing songs with Moz, since they haven’t fallen out and Knutson wouldn’t be involved there.

Back
Top Bottom