All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happens, I love you Morrissey!
1f940.png

Have a word with yourself. You're excusing praise for racists.

You know that line about 'your royalties buy you luxuries, but, oh, the squalor of the mind'? Well, it's come to pass hasn't it?

His money has allowed him the isolation he so dreamed of on the way up, where he had to deal with many people. And now, his isolation, cosseted by people who only tell him what he wants to hear, has backfired, because he genuinely thought his thought process was the same as everyone else's, because no one told him it wasn't. His money has allowed him to become the person he always wanted to be before he had money - an immigrant-hating misanthrope.

But money changes everything, or does it? Do you think because this has hit his wallet hard, he'll change? Any recanting at this stage would be mere opportunist careerism - but, hey, why change the habits of a lifetime?
Great to see you quoting his lyrics so accurately. It's almost as if you're one of those "super fans" that follow him obsessively. Chapeau though! Obsessive or not, you're clearly someone who dials into all things Moz on a (very, very) regular basis. I've often wondered what a typical Moz lover looked and sounded like - you've nailed it in one post.

Great to see you quoting his lyrics so accurately. It's almost as if you're one of those "super fans" that follow him obsessively. Chapeau though! Obsessive or not, you're clearly someone who dials into all things Moz on a (very, very) regular basis. I've often wondered what a typical Moz lover looked and sounded like - you've nailed it in one post.
Benny is better - knows all the lyrics and quotes and minor news events (assuming its a different person).

from Twitter:

"Newsflash Kev, even Morrisey isn't taking his own fans money, only 34% advance sales. Not enough to cover the production Budget."

Wow. If true that’s staggering. Where did you get that number?

I work in the industry and that sales figure for the Manchester shows has been knocking around since late Wednesday.

It’s a bad sign when all Morrissey music is under a pound on Ebay , I guess I’ll have to burn my collection, I wanna see how it feels to be a Nazi if only for a second.

from Twitter:

"Newsflash Kev, even Morrisey isn't taking his own fans money, only 34% advance sales. Not enough to cover the production Budget."

Wow. If true that’s staggering. Where did you get that number?

I work in the industry and that sales figure for the Manchester shows has been knocking around since late Wednesday.

he is welcome in the USA, we don't go into a rage over a few words. Europe is going backwards in time. There is no hope, you have erased 200 years of enlightnment.

he is welcome in the USA, we don't go into a rage over a few words. Europe is going backwards in time. There is no hope, you have erased 200 years of enlightnment.

Yes, I'm sure that a gobby racist will be more than welcome in your country.

Not Europe, UK certainly, from the ice age to the stone age...
Good thing they leave us!

This confirmation should come as no suprise to anyone, but for those clutching at straws regarding any rescheduling I have received an email from seetickets stating:
We regret to inform you that MORRISSEY at Guildhall, Portsmouth on 10/07/2018 has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.

Well he would say that wouldn’t he. Without Morrissey he wouldn’t be at the Town Hall, let alone Bridgewater Hall. When will they show some gratitude?
Using that shite logic, thank f*** Johnny Marr knocked on shy Steve's door. It's not all thanks to Moz. Wake up.

Paradoxically, this is good news, folks, for those of us that want to see Morrissey continue his recording and touring career. He has hopefully now realised he can't just say anything he wants to with no consequence. He has offended a huge chunk of his core fan base. His political comments have been idiotic, offensive and ill thought out. He must now either avoid the world of politics and international affairs completely or go and educate himself it, and stop making utterly twattish statements e.g. using phrases such as the 'loony left' and telling the world that the only problems with Israel are that everyone else is jealous.

Well he can still count on the thick as f*** south Americans and Yankees.
Which is how he got in this state

As expected, sadly (for those fans who pur chased tickets). The reason for cancellation is logistics. Logistically, not enough profit would be made; venues had been experiencing very poor tickets sales.

The very fact that I know of no-one going to any of the UK shows speaks volumes to me. I did not even contemplate buying a ticket for any of the gigs. A significant amount of his core fan base have had enough. Enough of the rants. His agent now states they have no interest in politics. Someone should tell Bigmouth.

If the UK shows are rescheduled it'll be in smaller venues with a view to harp on, once again, of a sell out show.

Morrissey is quite entitled to his views. They are views I do not share. They are views trotted out without substance. He has proven himself to be an ignorant fool; a Trumpesque reactionary.

I wish it wasn't so. I thoroughly enjoyed a good deal from the new album. He is single handedly hanging himself with his own rope.

It's, not to be too dramatic, a particularly sad time for those of us who have lost the one we used to love.

Not at all, it’s all about levels and integration, the Irish integrated, Muslims generally don’t

Not sure about that, I have mentioned on many posts that I grew up in Burnley. In my class of 23 there were 7 kids from asian families, guess how many followed the Muslim faith, it was 2, the other 5 went clubbing and did everything else the youths from Burnley did at the time including watching the magnificent Burnley FC!! It may not be represent the rest of the UK but when I worked and managed some building projects in Glasgow some of the Asian lads lived just like any other Glaswegian.

A quote from the Independent

British people were especially far from the mark when asked what proportion of the UK population is Muslim. The real answer is just one in twenty – but Britons believe it to be almost one in six. That would mean there were almost 10 million Muslims in the UK when in reality there are 2.8 million.

Not sure about that, I have mentioned on many posts that I grew up in Burnley. In my class of 23 there were 7 kids from asian families, guess how many followed the Muslim faith, it was 2, the other 5 went clubbing and did everything else the youths from Burnley did at the time including watching the magnificent Burnley FC!! It may not be represent the rest of the UK but when I worked and managed some building projects in Glasgow some of the Asian lads lived just like any other Glaswegian.

A quote from the Independent

British people were especially far from the mark when asked what proportion of the UK population is Muslim. The real answer is just one in twenty – but Britons believe it to be almost one in six. That would mean there were almost 10 million Muslims in the UK when in reality there are 2.8 million.

LOL you kiss Skinny ass 24/7 is what you do. Lucky for you its also your own rear end.:crazy:

My God..I came so close to booking flights, hotels, time off work but finally decided ticket prices were prohibitively expensive/ridiculous. So gutted for other people who've lost out. My thoughts are with you
I'm in Manchester the following weekend and was GUTTED to be missing Moz (I booked hotel and flights before the tour was announced). So glad I am now that I didn't reschedule everything to suit Moz. What a balls for ticket buyers.

Back
Top Bottom