An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

It's one of their best boots. Uploading now.

*here it is
R.E.M@Rockpalast 1985

Thanks man! Making my own "deluxe editions" of their albums using what you have shared over the past couple days and my own collection.

First disc - Album
Second disc - Live concert (bootleg)
Third disc - Demos
Fourth disc - B-sides / Unreleased

Would you recommend a 1986, 1991 (I know there was no tour and I have the Unplugged but was there another show) and a 1998 show?

It's the same song. I listened to the two back to back last night. Also Buck has a writing credit on the Nelson LP
No, it's really the same song. R.E.M. (or at least Buck) got credited for the music.

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I just came from the supermarket with a new set of ears and will put it to test. :o

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone still interested in this?

View attachment 31857

Mega, definitely interested if we can get a FLAC version this time. :D

I got the mp3 version the last time and it was so great. Thanks again!

1998 Nov 2nd Rockpalast, Hamburg is an excellent show. It is up on Dime in several versions I believe ...

You are the everything soundcheck? Where is that from?
I guess it is the same who is on the Leaving New York single.

10 October 2003 - Alltel Pavilion At Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC
support: Pete Yorn
soundcheck included: You Are The Everything
set: Finest Worksong / So Fast, So Numb / Driver 8 / Drive / Animal / Disturbance At The Heron House / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / Bad Day / The One I Love / Electrolite / Begin The Begin / World Leader Pretend / I've Been High / Losing My Religion / Find The River / She Just Wants To Be / Walk Unafraid / Man On The Moon
encore: Life And How To Live It / Nightswimming / Sweetness Follows / Imitation Of Life / Radio Free Europe / Permanent Vacation / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
notes: Bill Berry joined R.E.M. on stage to sing backup harmony on 'Radio Free Europe' and played drums on 'Permanent Vacation'. Tour debut for 'Disturbance At The Heron House'

Trolling For Olives. Around The Sun.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zubrbb

trolling_around.jpg

Trolling For Olives. Collapse Into Now.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1c8982

trolling_collapse_into_now.jpg

...that does it for the albums; the complete Xmas fan club singles and a massive folder of random rarities is up next. Later tonight.

Can't wait. It's insane to think how much rare shit on my iPod is from this site and habitual up loaders like yourself. Cheers.

You should consider adding underscores to track 7 as people in the future might get confused, apparently...

Hello Everyone!

Been looking all day online to find a solid show from the Pageantry Tour in 1986. Does anyone have a bootleg they would like to share from this period of the band. I found one from the Oriental Theatre on 1986-10-17 but wasn't too pleased with the quality. Any known soundboard??

As always thanks in advance!!

Hello Everyone!

Been looking all day online to find a solid show from the Pageantry Tour in 1986. Does anyone have a bootleg they would like to share from this period of the band. I found one from the Oriental Theatre on 1986-10-17 but wasn't too pleased with the quality. Any known soundboard??

As always thanks in advance!!

I'll second this request; I have many boots but absolutely zero from that tour.

I only skimmed a few of the lists, but didn't see this little REM gem. it's all over youtube so you've seen it, the video is funny itself, but the song is very silly, especially michael's speaking part:

Sesame Street's "Furry Happy Monsters" is brought to you by the letters R, E, and M and the numbers 1991.

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/90339305/file.html

thank you for the ups, you guys are stars.

Complete (as far as I know) Xmas fan club singles.

Stocking Stuffers

xmas_1.jpg

xmas_2.jpg

2 of those songs aren't from fan club singles:
- Deck The Halls comes from a Warner Bros. christmas compilation "Winter Warnerland"
- We're Not So Bad was Michael only, the song comes from the film "Olive The Other Reindeer", in which he voiced a character (who sang the song)

The collection seems to be complete from 1988 to 1997 (tracks from 2 to 21). Somewhat "too" complete: Happy When I'm Crying is a song performed by Pearl Jam, R.E.M. had nothing to do with it (the 2 bands shared fan club singles in 1997)

The actual R.E.M. song from 1998 (E-Bow The Letter live featuring Thom Yorke) is missing.
The one included from that year is Radiohead with Michael Stipe.
The actual R.E.M. song from 1999 (Country Feedback live featuring Neil Young) is missing.
The one included from that year is Neil Young backed by R.E.M. (including touring members but without Stipe)

The 2001 single is missing (live acoustic versions of Let Me In and Find The River)

The first song from the 2003 release appears twice (track 29 and 31)

All tracks from 2004 to 2008 are missing:
- I Wanted To Be Wrong - live
- She Just Wants To Be - live
- Turn You Inside-Out - live
- The Great Beyond - live
- Tongue - live, performed by Tin Cup Prophette
- So. Central Rain - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- These Days - live, performed by The Observatory featuring Peter Buck
- Begin The Begin - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- Merry Xmas Everybody
- Magnetic North
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge - live
- Let Me In - live
- Just A Touch - live

Also, the very last single from 2011 is missing:
- Perfect Circle - live
- Life And How To Live It - live

2 of those songs aren't from fan club singles:
- Deck The Halls comes from a Warner Bros. christmas compilation "Winter Warnerland"
- We're Not So Bad was Michael only, the song comes from the film "Olive The Other Reindeer", in which he voiced a character (who sang the song)

The collection seems to be complete from 1988 to 1997 (tracks from 2 to 21). Somewhat "too" complete: Happy When I'm Crying is a song performed by Pearl Jam, R.E.M. had nothing to do with it (the 2 bands shared fan club singles in 1997)

The actual R.E.M. song from 1998 (E-Bow The Letter live featuring Thom Yorke) is missing.
The one included from that year is Radiohead with Michael Stipe.
The actual R.E.M. song from 1999 (Country Feedback live featuring Neil Young) is missing.
The one included from that year is Neil Young backed by R.E.M. (including touring members but without Stipe)

The 2001 single is missing (live acoustic versions of Let Me In and Find The River)

The first song from the 2003 release appears twice (track 29 and 31)

All tracks from 2004 to 2008 are missing:
- I Wanted To Be Wrong - live
- She Just Wants To Be - live
- Turn You Inside-Out - live
- The Great Beyond - live
- Tongue - live, performed by Tin Cup Prophette
- So. Central Rain - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- These Days - live, performed by The Observatory featuring Peter Buck
- Begin The Begin - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- Merry Xmas Everybody
- Magnetic North
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge - live
- Let Me In - live
- Just A Touch - live

Also, the very last single from 2011 is missing:
- Perfect Circle - live
- Life And How To Live It - live

Wow, thanks very much for this info. If anyone wants to upload that stuff; I'll amend the compilation.

Regarding this Alphabet Soup compilation... I've always wanted to build a super duper complete Covering 'Em compilation with all the covers bootlegged during their career. Thing is, I got rid of most of my R.E.M. shows, and I almost have nothing left. But if people want to contribute, I could gather the songs and edit them all (mostly, correcting volume levels and adding fade in/fade out effects so the songs flow well from one to another). Only included would be covers never recorded officially by R.E.M. If a song has been played more than once, we would try to use the best version available, obviously. I guess I could create a checklist using the R.E.M. timeline. What do you guys think?

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom