Anyone else into Metal?

bracelegs

Life really is a Pigsty
I'm into mostly progressive metal and death metal, with Moz and The Smiths being pretty much the only anomaly.

Anyone else into the heavier stuff?

totally.

i;m listening to necrophagia right now.

who do you listen to?

cool beans.

well Metallica is probably my all time favourite band.

But I like mostly progressive stuff, like Protest the Hero, After the Burial, Dream Theater and Between the Buried and Me. Stuff like that.

Not sure why I love Morrissey so much.

metal-mickey.jpg

cool beans.

But I like mostly progressive stuff, like Protest the Hero, After the Burial, Dream Theater and Between the Buried and Me. Stuff like that.

i like metallica too .up until the black album.

dream theater are prett yf***ing awesome.

I misread the title as "anyone else into Mental"?

I'm not into Metal at all anymore but I have Question/Comment..

Why is it that all the comments from Metallica fans I read say that they stopped liking them around the black album but that record sold a kajillion more records then Kill'em all, Ride the Lightning, Garage Days and Master of Puppets combined and their ticket sails soared through the roof. Do you find that most people that go their shows/buy their records nowadays are newbies who became fans after 1991?

i like metallica too .up until the black album.

dream theater are prett yf***ing awesome.

too bad svarta sjael isnt around here anymore...

sometimes slayer can be quite mind clearing:lbf:
i dont have any metal record in my posession but i have recorded a slayer live show when i was younger
edit: on TV, not me attending it
on some festival I attended im sure though some metal bands ddi play also, and i hear parts of it..but tht was years ago and i dont remember it clearly

Last edited:

Why is it that all the comments from Metallica fans I read say that they stopped liking them around the black album but that record sold a kajillion more records then Kill'em all, Ride the Lightning, Garage Days and Master of Puppets combined and their ticket sails soared through the roof. Do you find that most people that go their shows/buy their records nowadays are newbies who became fans after 1991?

because m tv played enter sandman 8000000000 tiems a day and the style changed. rocky metal sells more than thrash. the last time i saw them was around st anger and the audience was a mix.

too bad svarta sjael isnt around here anymore...

sometimes slayer can be quite mind clearing:lbf:
i dont have any metal record in my posession but i have recorded a slayer live show when i was younger

slayer are amazing. definitely one of my favoruite bands. incredible live too.

Once upon a time I was a metal head. More so metal core I guess. I know people thing Avenged Sevenfold is laughable, but their old stuff was perfect to me. I loved them.

I had the pleasure of going to a few gigs of the Metal Gods 2003 tour with Testament, Amon Amarth, Primal Fear, Immortal, and Rob Halford. Met all the guys and hung out with them for a few days in nyc. That tour really opened my eyes to different types of metal and since then I'd easily consider Primal Fear to be one of the best metal bands I have ever heard. Their drummer is sick.

All in all I used to love metal and every now and again I listen to it for old time sake. But not on a regular basis.

I'd like to comment on this if I could...(as I was once an avid Metallica freak myself)

Because they started working with Bob Rock, they slowly and unknowingly determined their downfall. Yes the Black Album was their biggest commercial success and many fans still think it's one of their best albums. However, the album was written, recorded, and produced for hits. That's the bottom line. Although they were popular prior to that record, it became their bread and butter due to hits, and the polished and shiney radio friendly mixing and production. Rock continued to work with them on the following alubms and as we know, the music continued to fail. I do not blame Mr. Newsted for leaving the band at all. He knew their time was up. After he left, I knew it was all over and gave up on them. I still rock out to ...And Justice for all etc but never again will I give their "newer music" a chance. Those were the good ole' day.

cool beans.

I saw Protest the hero years ago supporting every time i die, i fair enjoyed them, also mordecai by btbam....jesus. amazing.

There are a lot of Metallica fans like that, but I'm an all rounder. I love everything they've done.
S&M is probably my favourite album, because it has all my favourite songs on it and the comination of them and the orchestra sounds incredible.
But other than that, my favourite album is probably Load.

The idea of not liking a band/artist anymore because they become successful is f***ing ridiculous. If you truly love a band you should be happy that they're achieving something with their music. I can't stand idiots who whine about things like that.

Silly metalhead elitism I think. Metallica was always borderline blah, with Justice and the black album being the only ones I can really listen to. When folks were loving on "Fade To Black," I was jamming out bands like Sodom, Blessed Death etc. (Ha, this probably makes me a member of the metalhead elitism crew to the second power)

Anyways, longtime brutal death metal/grindcore fanatic here. Cock and Ball Torture, Napalm Death, and Rompeprop tend to find themselves in my relentless Morrissey/indie obsessed playlists. And Necrophagist rules if for no other reason than they had the drummer for the 80's German pop group Nina touring with them last year. Marco Minnemann :love:

Opeth, Dream Theater, Bolt Thrower, Deicide, Fear Factory, Blind Guardian, Disbelief, Dimmu Borgir, Totenmond, Eisregen & Finntroll

Back
Top Bottom