Anyone in the US pick up Swords deluxe version yet?

I'm planning on going to Best Buy on my lunch break to buy a copy. However, I don't see the Deluxe edition listed on their web site. Can anyone in the US confirm there is a US Deluxe edition that's out today? Thanks.

I didn't think ANY version of 'Swords' was out until November 17th in the U.S. :confused:

I ordered it on amazon, and I got an email from them saying that the release date was pushed back until the 17th. Needless to say, I haven't received it yet.
:blushing:
It's a shame, I was hoping to have it for my birthday :(

It looks like the regular version is available today on itunes only, but the limited edition version AND hard copy doesn't hit until the 17th.

I just got my UK version in the mail today. Haven't opened it yet. I hope it's got the 2 bonus tracks the itunes version has...Slum Mums and Human Being.
Probably not but whatever..I have those songs already from the CD singles they were on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded my crappy Digital Standard edition this morning, as part of my ticket purchase for two Dec shows.

Rather underwhelmed by the digital format, though its nice to have a My Dearest Love and Becuase of My Poor Education in a high quality bit rate. Still, when one did the pre-sale thing it was worded in such a way where I really thought I would be getting 2 CDs... nope. Two downloads. How am I going to regift the second download?

How do we get that new mix of the Slum Mums???

The vinyl and delux edition are out on Nov 17th. Picked up the regular edition today at my local record store. Lost Highway sent out an email with this information about the delux and vinyl.

Damn..I don't understand the point of that at all..why hold off on releasing the deluxe and vinyl til the 17th? Just to drag out marketing it as a new product?

I just spotted the Amazon banner on the main page that states the deluxe edition is released on the 17th (which was blocked when I checked earlier on my work computer, doh!) I did swing by my local Best Buy and they didn't even have the regular edition. Moz is about the last artist that I collect physical releases by anymore but man, do they make it tough now-a-days. No wonder CD sales are down all around...who can keep track of when all the different versions come out? I guess I'll just pre-order it on Amazon.

I got an e-mail from Lost Highway today saying all the above - announcing today's single cd and digital release and the double cd edition will be out the 17th. It will be a great b-day present. :D

I gave up waiting for the hard copy - cancelled my preorder and downloaded the bonus track version off iTunes last night. Having a digital booklet isn't quite the same as having a copy in my hands, but I'm a sucker for bonus tracks...

-Elizabeth

I had to pre-order it on Amazon last night. :thumb:

:blushing: I picked up the non-deluxe version today and I love it. I had to drive all the way to Amoeba to get it. The photo MORRISSEY took of the band in the center is amazing to look at.

:blushing: I picked up the non-deluxe version today and I love it. I had to drive all the way to Amoeba to get it. The photo MORRISSEY took of the band in the center is amazing to look at.

Amoeba! I lurve that place. :thumb:

Amoeba! I lurve that place. :thumb:

It's like the Giza of record stores. :rolleyes:

I love the record. I have to say I'm for real not crazy about Sweetie Pie, not because of the Kristeen factor and the next song where he pronounces Christian like Kristeen, but because it's just not a song you can sing, it's like his homage to Yoko Ono think piece music, it's terrible. :squiffy:

Not terrible, just hard to sing. There's no tune. It's like it's not a song, it's a statement which isn't a bad thing so much so now I want to officially take that comment back, I was possessed by my dad who won't STFU and who is driving me crazy because he just wants me NOT to be able to concentrate it seems. :mad:

Call me crazy but I love Sweetie Pie. It's probably in my top 10 of post-Maladjusted tracks. I enjoy when Moz and crew try something different like this. Btw, Sorrow Will Come In The End if my favorite track off Maladjusted....don't hate me for saying that!

It's like the Giza of record stores. :rolleyes:

I love the record. I have to say I'm for real not crazy about Sweetie Pie, not because of the Kristeen factor and the next song where he pronounces Christian like Kristeen, but because it's just not a song you can sing, it's like his homage to Yoko Ono think piece music, it's terrible. :squiffy:

The Kristeen factor?

Back
Top Bottom