Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a wardrobe stylist

Originally posted at somedizzywhore.com:

Army Navy still battling as an indie with 'The Last Place' - Pop & Hiss, LA Times music blog

Excerpt:

The chance to collaborate with Morrissey isn't an opportunity most young rock musicians would take lightly. Justin Kennedy of the recently reinvigorated Army Navy justifiably jumped at the opportunity. But the band, having just released the vibrant collection of lovelorn-in-Los Angeles power pop that is "The Last Place," didn't gleam much musical knowledge from the dapper chronicler of strained relationships.

Kennedy, after all, pays the bills as a wardrobe stylist. "I dress people for photo shoots or events, or dress actors for red-carpet events," Kennedy said.

Sometimes these lead to exciting encounters, he said, such as the time he flew in Tom Cruise's private jet, and sometimes helping a man dress to his best can be "a dream come true," such as Kennedy's moment with Morrissey.

"I don't get to work with many musicians, so working with him, someone who has influenced me since I was a child -- and probably a major influence on the way I think -- was amazing," Kennedy said. "I was able to chill with him."

Morrissey even gave Kennedy a nickname. "He called me '80s legs," Kennedy said. "He said, 'What's up with the skinny jeans? Is that a retro thing?' At the end of the day he said to me, 'Thanks, '80s legs.' I was like, 'Holy crap, Morrissey just gave me a nickname!'"

Last edited:
Not that I'm too concerned about the heated debate, but someone who calls someone else "80s legs" really strikes me as the kind of person who would be bored as f*** on allyouneedismorrissey. Just sayin'. :p

I just woke up. :squiffy: Feel a little better. Go go Tylenol!

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

If there's libellous stuff, then I await the court case with interest. Otherwise it's all comment, including your stuff. You are free to visit or create a site where you control things and only allow nice things.

P.

Sorry P, posted again b/c i thought it had been deleted. Wasn't showing up.

Have you seen what damian dempsey said about Justin Bieber in the forum thread? That's just disgusting. Maybe you haven't seen what she's typed - have a look and you'll see what I mean. It's just not on.

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

Not at all. Wasn't sure is all; no big deal. Thanks for being reasonable. I've again had recourse to your stellar research on beginning a thread about support acts for Morrissey on which everyone is invited to flesh out at will the quite long list of names of bands/singers who took their bow before Morrissey down through the years - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4467049/1/#new

Melissa Ferrick and Sack are the first out of the hat for closer inspection.

Much obliged. :)

Interested thread. My first thought of is Phranc. She was the opening act for my first Moz show in 1991. Apparently only played until Boston because her brother was killed by a drive-by and replaced with Ferrick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5MWtbjQTgE Looks like she still performs and now is Phranc the Cardboard Cobbler. Artist?

-C

Not that I'm too concerned about the heated debate, but someone who calls someone else "80s legs" really strikes me as the kind of person who would be bored as f*** on allyouneedismorrissey. Just sayin'. :p

we're not talking about all you need is morrissey we're tlaking about www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

agreed allyouneeed is a bit dead but the morrisseys world site is looking good so far. It's like this site used to be a few years ago. People are actually talking about morrissey and issues, not the general crapness of morrissey solo. I think you have to be really depressed or self-loathing to come here. I'm just saying. It's a pretty disgusting site.

If you've just woken up you probably haven't heard - morrissey's world has declared itself as having replaced morrissey-solo.com - it's posting news articles and basically like morrissey solo without the c___. check it out. I'm going back now. See you and hope you enjoy this hellhole

we're not talking about all you need is morrissey we're tlaking about www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

agreed allyouneeed is a bit dead but the morrisseys world site is looking good so far. It's like this site used to be a few years ago. People are actually talking about morrissey and issues, not the general crapness of morrissey solo. I think you have to be really depressed or self-loathing to come here. I'm just saying. It's a pretty disgusting site.

If you've just woken up you probably haven't heard - morrissey's world has declared itself as having replaced morrissey-solo.com - it's posting news articles and basically like morrissey solo without the c___. check it out. I'm going back now. See you and hope you enjoy this hellhole

Can't help yourself, can you? You'll be back, let's see how long it takes.

So obviously NOT a professional in that he would discuss clients.

Er, the prior source may have been at - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4205774/5/ - posted by me a day before sdw. Just saying, since sources are being cited. Seeing as we're all rushing headlong, herdlike, into an ever-expanding cyber-matrix of smoke and mirrors, someone may also like to go and fetch a possibly more pertinent item from there - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4469819/1/ - about Morrissey's contribution to a documentary on Mott the Hoople for release soon.

This is a nice add, though its disappointing to think Moz needs a stylist. Its too LA for me. The funny thing is he dressed better when he didnt have one.

Lol are you kidding me? That place is more fake than a knock off Gucci handbag at a clothing shop in Chinatown. Get a life.

I just woke up because I was sick. I'm feeling better now. :cool:

crystal you don't understand. It's ok. You'll find out in a few weeks it's no longer a parody site! It's changed!

anyone who LOVES morrissey and HATES morrissey solow should join us at www.morrisseysworld.com - a site morrissey hasn't criticised, doesn't hate, and has given free publicity to. It's 'sick' as they say!

crystal you don't understand. It's ok. You'll find out in a few weeks it's no longer a parody site! It's changed!

anyone who LOVES morrissey and HATES morrissey solow should join us at www.morrisseysworld.com - a site morrissey hasn't criticised, doesn't hate, and has given free publicity to. It's 'sick' as they say!

Fail.

Bloody hell, your response to anything and everything is taking jabs at that other site, just to try and raise your pitifully low self esteem a tiny bit after being "rejected" by your god. Please take your own advice and move on. You're like a mentally handicapped child, bashing its head into walls wanting attention.

More breaking news on www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com about an interesting academic evening in Limerick University. Sounds fun...

P I did fail bu I feel I'm doing GOd's bidding here (God being Mozzer)

Why do you come here? I don't know why you can't just explain it to me calmly - don't you find this site pretty disgusting?

More breaking news on www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com about an interesting academic evening in Limerick University. Sounds fun...

P I did fail bu I feel I'm doing GOd's bidding here (God being Mozzer)

Why do you come here? I don't know why you can't just explain it to me calmly - don't you find this site pretty disgusting?

So breaking it was on here a few days ago. Keep up.

P.

Bloody hell, your response to anything and everything is taking jabs at that other site, just to try and raise your pitifully low self esteem a tiny bit after being "rejected" by your god. Please take your own advice and move on. You're like a mentally handicapped child, bashing its head into walls wanting attention.

What you say about everything and anything is not exactly true but I will give you that I recently purchased a bike helmet, so at least I'll be bashing my head safely. Allyouneedismorrissey never fails to provide the Lolz though, especially the thread started singing the praises of getting a shoutout by the bozo troll hyping this fake morrissey site, your poster postulating it's genuineness being Morrissey via Julia. You might consider getting some bike helmets over there to help with your detective work. Oh and FYI, I'd probably wear a f*** allyouneedismorrissey Tshirt, but I read it everyday. :cool:

P

What you need to realise is there's more to morrisseysworld than meets the eye. Strange things have happened and more to follow I'd wager.

P

What you need to realise is there's more to morrisseysworld than meets the eye. Strange things have happened and more to follow I'd wager.

Aye, I look forward to more made up and unattributed knackers, leeched content and nutjob content.

P.

What is the timeline of this "encounter" that was had with Morrissey? I didn't read a date, and wonder what the photo shoot was and how he dressed Morrissey. Did skinny pants chooses Mogsy's outfit or accessorize it?

Back
Top Bottom