Atlanta, GA - Atlanta Symphony Hall (June 13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Yes, I Am Blind / My Dearest Love / I'm Not A Man / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die / What She Said

setlist provided by EarlG5

• Critic's Notebook: Moz came to Atlanta by Andrew Alexander - Creative Loafing Atlanta. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Image from sugar_cookie / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

atlanta.jpg

Morrissey scooping up a bug off stage during "First of the Gang to Die." I do this, too. #Morrissey #Moz #heavenknows

Last edited:
the pit was down to a total of 10 old timers. about 1/3 full. i calculate.

Seen him many times and this was perhaps my favorite show, the band sounded fantastic and the set list was full of surprises. If you're going to catch any shows this tour best familiarize yourself with WPINOYB. As an earlier poster stated can't believe we got all the "treats" in one show along with Mama Lay Softly...

Felt like maybe we got a "make-up" after four consecutive ATL cancellations and not every night will be 22 songs but don't miss this tour, you won't be disappointed.

Christ. A lot of acolytes need to look at themselves. He picked up a BUG? f***ing hell. It takes a special person to do that. Jesus, get a f***ing grip.

I love it when men think of all animals. I freaking love Morrissey, someone give him a big squish if you make it on stage.p

It takes a special person to do that.

Well, not for you obviously. And to annoy you even more, here is a picture of the incident. It was during First Of The Gang To Die. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the 6th row. It looked like Morrissey scooped up something that mortified him and he couldn't possibly touch it. It wasn't a beatle! It looked like a small piece of meat. After the show, I saw one of the people in one of the rows in front of me discard a sealed piece of meat with Murder scralled on it. Morrissey looked energetic at the beginning but he slowed down A LOT after the first couple songs. I also spotted Julia hanging out in the front row which was amusing!

Here is your answer!

From https://twitter.com/Bunjee93

Beej Ⓜ ‏@Bunjee93 8 Min.
Morrissey paused mid-song last night to grab paper and move a beetle from
the stage so he didn't get squished. I am too much in love.

Christ i know Morrissey absolutly loves animal but thats too much :love: :love: Christ Morrissey i don't know If i should kiss you for saving the bug or kick you for hamming it up. But i think will just :love: you.
Oh Morrissey you big lame-o :D what a great heart :D

The bug was not alive! It was a small bug that had already met it's fate and Moz grabbed the setlist on the drum kit and scooped it up and had it removed.

Now Moz is already criticized and questioned for not publicly stepping on a beetle? Really? Of course, we all unintentionally squashed some insects in our lifes but I don't do it either when I notice the insect. So I assume I must be as pathetic as Moz then.

Well, not for you obviously. And to annoy you even more, here is a picture of the incident. It was during First Of The Gang To Die. Enjoy.

Thank you!

Mo. In good spirits tonight. Thanked Atlanta for being patient for years. No stage invaders. Huge security dude looking mean and cracking his knuckles, stretching before encore. Guess what dude, crowd is a little on the old side and not so limber to jump up on the stage. Wish moz would just set up shop in Las Vegas for 4 nights a week. We would all go to him and he could stop wasting time and money flying all over.

Yeah. :thumb:

Now Moz is already criticized and questioned for not publicly stepping on a beetle? Really? Of course, we all unintentionally squashed some insects in our lifes but I don't do it either when I notice the insect. So I assume I must be as pathetic as Moz then.

Why not? he might as well have squashed the bug with his leather shoes which came from severe cruelty.A bug is more important than leather shoe cruelty I suppose

Stop being a moron. We'd all do it. So would he. The fact that he does it does not elevate him above any one of us, and the fawning 'isn't he wonderful for doing it' comments are creepy as hell. He's a bloke. He does normal stuff. Stop elevating him into a f***ing demi-god for picking a bug up.

Why not? he might as well have squashed the bug with his leather shoes which came from severe cruelty.A bug is more important than leather shoe cruelty I suppose

He doesn't wear leather shoes anymore. I met Jesse two years ago and he said that both the band and Morrissey always wear high quality pleather shoes. He actually told me that he already was vegan before he met Moz and that he is an expert on pleather shoes. I also asked him about the pleather Doc Martens which Boz bought for Moz (can't remember which year that was) and according to him Moz reacted with "Well, that's a nice gesture Boz but I don't wear them anymore, you know. You must have noticed" which cracked them all up. Jesse then told me that the Docs now probably carve out a miserable existence in one of Moz' storerooms which cracked me up.

Are there any pics facing the crowd?

I'm curious. What type of people go to see Morrissey in the South? I see him having no appeal there. I mean what do the fans look like? Do they have mullets and wear NASCAR caps? Do they actually wear their Def Leppard and Poison shirts to Morrissey concerts? Anonymous-

. We'd all do it. So would he. The fact that he does it does not elevate him above any one of us, and the fawning 'isn't he wonderful for doing it' comments are creepy as hell. He's a bloke. He does normal stuff. Stop elevating him into a f***ing demi-god .
I just have to agree with this. And not particular about this situation or Morrissey. Its people and social media in general elevating celebrities to saint and gods for doing the slightest thing. Maybe its the fact that they demand attention and spotlight these sort of things that make them famous to start with.

But in this instance i just thought he was very sweet, wanting to help the smallest creature, no demi-god(at least as long as he did not say something like "I would not wish upon My worst enemy the fate of My voice being the last thing they hear. I would not know what killed him, being crushed or my voice", in a selfdeprecating, humorus way afterwards)

But i agree with you skinny on this matter in general. A celeb nods in ones direction and all of the sudden they are just the "greatest and sweetest guy"

This is one of the reasons why i don't wear any shirts with famous singers and people on or have any famous peoples posters on my wall.

Well i do have a million of morrisseys and the smiths posters on my wall and a million of the Beatles to be honest. I like to wake up and see that morrisseys and Pauls face all over me

Back
Top Bottom