Best Bootleg Quotes!

asmithchoxy

Repressed and Dressed
This thread is for the best live quotes off bootlegs whether from Morrissey himself or people close enough for the shabby microphones to pick up.

I myself favor "Get up there, George-- kiss 'im!" in one of the live Bowie/Moz Cosmic Dancers.

Nobody? Well, I'm okay by myself...

The one you mentioned above, Ani is quite good, but what about the one from a recent version of William, It Was Really Nothing (off the Bootleg mix Soon I Will Be Dead) when Morrissey speaks to Julia:

Morrissey: So... so, Julia, I just want everybody to be happy. That's probably impossible, wouldn't you agree? Would you agree? <hands microphone to Julia>
Julia (blandly replies): I know you're very sincerely doing your best and I know you make many people very happy...
<audience cheers>
Morrissey: Arturo, you're not... clapping.

I think this says something about Morrissey's relationship with both Julia and Arturo. Maybe he's... kind of... sort of... laughing at her? At the very least, it sounds like Arturo doesn't appreciate her pandering and had a conversation with Morrissey about it beforehand.

I could, of course, be completely wrong. It just left this impression on me from the way it was all said.

I haven't listened to this in a long time so I might get the quote off a bit.

It's from Germany 1991.. Cologne I think.

"There are some people who are planning to flick coins into my eyes... and if you're stood next to them.. please.. kick their heads in."

To add to the humour, someone in the audience believed and angrily yelled, "f***ing assholes!!"

I have even posted this before...

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/archive/index.php/t-60170.html

I don't know, this is probably far from the best but it seems to stick with me: from karaoke night at the beacon in 2000

M - "Julia, can I ask you a question? between you and I, how many concerts, gigs, shows have you been to?

J - "um, redneck was 150"

M - "a hundred and fifty Morrissey shows, even I haven't been to that many"

I always get a little chuckle out of that bit.

my new favorite:
M- "Does anybody have...on their person...a dead cat?
I'd like to see if I could swing it"

Bowery 09

i keep picturing the This Charming Man video where he's endlessly swinging the gladioli, but with a dead cat by the tail instead...

"In case anyone here is from PETA, wondering about my suit... it's 100% PVC... the only animal in this suit... will be me... wandering the streets of L.A. at night, howling at the moon... desperate for love..."

I loved how he sounded when he said this back in 1999 at the Palladium in Hollywood!

im bias because i recorded this footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXKBWD0RPc

this is charlie browns whos baby Morrissey is holding on the cover of this hit
yor.jpg

Last edited:
My first ever Morrissey gig was at the Barrowlands in Glasgow, December 5th 1999. He came on and said, "thank you for coming here on this most miserable of evenings. I can assure you, you WILL regret it!".

On the Roskilde bootleg he asks, "are you bored yet?" The audience shout their reply "NO!" and Moz says, "You will be!". Hillarious!

James.

From El Dorado - In Paris 1984

"Johnny wants to do Barbarism... do you mind? Do you mind? Yes? No? Yes? You do mind? You don't mind? Do you mind?"

:D

December 18, 1999 - Ventura Theater, Ventura, CA

I was present to hear Mozzer berate Robert Smith of The Cure, calling him, among other things, 'a FAT clown"! or words to that effect.

MrShoes

Can't remember the name of the bootleg, but one of the Oye Esteban shows in Argentina, he comes on stage and says "We've just flown in from your favourite place - Chile! You do love Chile, don't you?....You don't love Chile".

That whole show is hilarious, actually. Think he finishes saying "And this isn't leather, it's PVC - and I'M PVC - and...well, who cares? See you in 25 years!"

Bristol 1992 Your Arsenal tour, Moz was doing his "I... I..." and some wag in the crowd shouts out "happy in the haze" and Morrissey in a cod northern accent repeats him "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour". I have this on audio cassette somewhere, is it available to download anywhere?

Bristol 1992 Your Arsenal tour, Moz was doing his "I... I..." and some wag in the crowd shouts out "happy in the haze" and Morrissey in a cod northern accent repeats him "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour". I have this on audio cassette somewhere, is it available to download anywhere?

I'm gonna email you in a bit. Can't help you with bootlegs i'm afraid, i've only got 2:o

Rome 2006

It was a week after Italy had won the World Cup.....
Morrissey, half way through the gig says
''I'd like to congratulate you on being the best team in the world''
This was greeted by silence from the Romans, perhaps not being as quick with the translation.
However....some cheeky wag;) in the crowd shouts out
'Manchester City':cool:
to which Morrissey replies
'Yes, I remember that team as well'

Jukebox Jury

Rome 2006

It was a week after Italy had won the World Cup.....
Morrissey, half way through the gig says
''I'd like to congratulate you on being the best team in the world''
This was greeted by silence from the Romans, perhaps not being as quick with the translation.
However....some cheeky wag in the crowd shouts out
'Manchester City'
to which Morrissey replies
'Yes, I remember that team as well'

Jukebox Jury

Have you been to Rome to see moz?

Back
Top Bottom