Best Morrissey song performed live....?

For me the worst song from Ringleader I Just Want To See The Boy Happy, is very good live, which surprises me

But the main highlights for me this tour have been Life Is A Pigsty, Still Ill, Trouble Loves Me and How Soon Is Now

I thought 'At Last, I am Born' was good live.

The best song I've seen Moz perform was 'How Soon Is Now' at Reading Festival.

The first time I heard How Soon Is Now was amazing - like travelling back in time.

But Life Is A Pigsty and Trouble Loves Me are my favourites.

Oh, followed by Now My Heart Is Full.

I better stop now...

Now My Heart Is Full - Anytime it's played :D

Last edited:
Speedway! I nearly died the first time I heard him play that. In a good way! :D

Now My Heart Is Full & Speedway of 1995.
These are amaging, moving live performance.

best song performed live

I thought the headmasters ritual at old trafford 04 was special but for me morrissey doing thats entertainment in dallas was my all time tune top dancing from the man

He opened with with "How Soon Is Now" in DFW in Fall 2004.
It was amazing, he walked out, said hello, giant M O R R I S S E Y letters standing behind him.

Then broke into this, with a huge strobe light effect, it was an amazing starter.
The lights were perfect.

because "Still ill" is one of my all time faves......I really loved this song at the current tour!

It was like " Oh my god, it's Morrissey and he's performing Still ill!"
A really confusing moment for me!:D

As others have already posted, "How Soon is Now?" in 2004 was a real jaw-dropper. I couldn't believe it.

I still fondly remember Boz's intro to what we sensibly assumed would be Ouija Board, and then he cranked out the intro to November Spawned a Monster instead - the place (Glasgow Barrowlands, 16th Dec 92) went crazy. To see that at 16 years old really turned my head around quite nicely. For sheer excitement at a Moz show, I'm not sure that will ever be matched.

2002, opening show of the tour in Phoenix.

I Want The One I Can't Have.

An all time personal favourite.

That was definitely best show I ever went to.

Solo debuts of Please, Please, Please, I Want The One I Can't Have and There Is a Light

The only playing of At Amber

The first samples of First of the Game, Crashing Bores, Mexico (soundcheck of I Like You)

Debut of Little Man What Now

Throw in Alsatian Cousin, Jack the Ripper, Speedway, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Suedehead and Sister I'm a Poet

Lesser moments were November and Meat is Murder

That was a great night.

Hairdresser on Fire

never seen moz live since he doesn't visit my part of the world, but Hairdresser on Fire is the best live recording I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom