Bing Crosby is the first of the gang to die

bayards

Why no Morrissey in 5.1?
What was the significance of Moz adding a few lines from "Swingin' on a star" as sung by Bing Crosby during "the first of the gang to die"?

Intrigued of Yarmouth....

What was the significance of Moz adding a few lines from "Swingin' on a star" as sung by Bing Crosby during "the first of the gang to die"?

Do you know what Bing Crosby's last hit was?

A golf ball:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

A Scottish joke....

What's the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?

Bing sings and Walt disnae.

I'll get me coat...

I just assumed it was a little tongue-in-cheek come on, cos he knows the stage invaders are going to make their attempts during the last song, so he's saying would you, the 'fans', like to swing on a 'star', the Moz.
This, plus he's mmmental...:squiffy:

Let's not forget he combined First of The Gang with lyrics from "Alfie" in Philadelphia

I love these musical tidbits :yum:

The prostitute in Jean Cocteau's Les Chalutiers sings a verse of the song as she staggers down an alley in Montparnasse after being stabbed by Remi, the petty thief/cabaret dancer, who is jealous of her bedding a waitress at the club they both work in.

(Morrissey may know it from an homage to the scene in an obscure British film called "Thicker Than Smoke" starring a very young Michael Caine, which was also namechecked by Howard Devoto on the first Magazine LP.)

No, it isn't true, but admit it-- it sounds like it could be.

Back
Top Bottom