Blackpool - Opera House (Sep. 28, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr Shankly / My Hurling Days / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Kerouac's Crack (live debut) / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @Janice .

Last edited:
Just watched the videos.

Someone should really say Alain to not wear a red shirt while everyone else in the band wears dark blue clothes.
It hurts the eyes, mismatched colors shouldn't be allowed; someone should make the ring ring next time Alain does such thing again

We looked around . . . we are all getting very old: us, and him. We all beat on, endlessly into the past, as someone once said. Is the new music any good? Not really. We had hitherto condemned 'Black Cloud' to be the 'career' low but . . . SE,TTR . . . what a bitter, curmudgeonly and humourless way to waste three minutes of your life: him, moaning about his money. Please, if this is as good as it can get these days. . . perhaps, enough. Still, the old ones come back to pat our heads and we shell out, stand out and listen. But, we're all getting towards the end, all our tanks are running low, not long now.

Still! Blackpool! The lights! The noise! The nonces and the rough trade! We loved that bit. Funnily enough, the spectacle of THAT gig in THIS place seems oddly apt, the two experiences sit so well together. Two tatty old whores down on their luck yet dreaming of better days and still getting up each morning to slap on the stick and hit the streets once again, that's Me and Mr Shandy, Blackpool and HIM.

Mr Shandy and myself will be doing a pilgrimage of the piers later then a train back to Manchester mid-afternoon. Will we ever return?

The clocks go back soon. The clocks go back. Back.

We looked around . . . we are all getting very old: us, and him. We all beat on, endlessly into the past, as someone once said. Is the new music any good? Not really. We had hitherto condemned 'Black Cloud' to be the 'career' low but . . . SE,TTR . . . what a bitter, curmudgeonly and humourless way to waste three minutes of your life: him, moaning about his money. Please, if this is as good as it can get these days. . . perhaps, enough. Still, the old ones come back to pat our heads and we shell out, stand out and listen. But, we're all getting towards the end, all our tanks are running low, not long now.

Still! Blackpool! The lights! The noise! The nonces and the rough trade! We loved that bit. Funnily enough, the spectacle of THAT gig in THIS place seems oddly apt, the two experiences sit so well together. Two tatty old whores down on their luck yet dreaming of better days and still getting up each morning to slap on the stick and hit the streets once again, that's Me and Mr Shandy, Blackpool and HIM.

Mr Shandy and myself will be doing a pilgrimage of the piers later then a train back to Manchester mid-afternoon. Will we ever return?

The clocks go back soon. The clocks go back. Back.
its 2022 not 1922,grow up.

I'm new to this site so forgive me if I post to the wrong area. I'll be the first to admit I don't know my way around here at all.

I had amazing seats for this and am absolutely gutted I couldn't go as of all times they could have it my whole family has COVID and I am isolated from them due to being clinically vulnerable.

What I want to know is, you guys, who have followed him for years probably more closely than I - will he tour again? In the UK?

This is the only gig I've been wanting to see for 3 years, as I'm not really a gig goer per se, and then this happens and I'm gutted. I just want people's opinions on whether he might tour the full album when it actually comes out (c'mon we are ready for it!)?
thats crap that you couldnt make it,these shows are going really well so far so i would think he will tour again.hope your family are on the mend.dont worry your time will come.

At 01:10 is someone slamming a guitar on one of the invaders?
That’s Tobias and its not the first time either, he’s a violent thug.
His boss also seems to be happy with this kind of behaviour.

“ Don’t look back in anger ! Go easy on violent Tobias ”

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

the last few seconds some idiot jumps on morrissey's back but he shakes him off. the dude falls to the ground and then jesse comes over trying to use his guitar as a weapon lolol. jesse, are you security or lead guitar? make up your mind.
bozz used to do the same,remember in dundee a big desperate dan lookalike was heading straight for M and bozz got in his way till security kicked the desperate dan lookalike out.big dan was probably eating a pie outside the caird hall late into the night.

Last edited:
So did people with front row tickets turn up to find people from “the list” had forced their way into their seats, or did they all happen to get lucky?

thats crap that you couldnt make it,these shows are going really well so far so i would think he will tour again.hope your family are on the mend.dont worry your time will come.
Thank you so much for the kind words. Yeh, he's really going down a storm. For sure.

Have to say, hearing Bonfire was quite something being in the North, it hits different….. while introducing he said ‘I was on bed last night and I couldn’t sleep, I was sat up and I couldn’t sleep, it was late…. About 7.30….. and I realised that nobody sings songs about Britain anymore….. nobody sings songs about England anymore…..’

It will be quite a reaction in Manc, one imagines.

He played a string of new tracks from BOT, so…… could be in the making soon.
We said that in Vegas 2022 , still nothing!!

Back
Top Bottom