Bonfire of Teenagers or Without Music The World Dies

You can only choose one album for release, so which one will it be?

• Bonfire of Teenagers

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Without Music The World Dies

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters
Bonfire - I am desperately longing to hear the studio version of Saint in a Stained Glass Window.

It pains me that it has been recorded for so long now, but our collective ears are prevented from hearing it.
It's a shame people don't petition Moz to stop sabotaging his own releases.

It's a shame people don't petition Moz to stop sabotaging his own releases.

In some ways it would be better not to know a studio cut exists. I keep replaying the live performances, that's all I have for now.

Alas, I will hope for the best (but expect the worst)

For me judging by the quality of what we've heard I think Morrissey would do better making these two albums into one very strong album. One that is deep with singles and has a great set of b-sides.

For me judging by the quality of what we've heard I think Morrissey would do better making these two albums into one very strong album. One that is deep with singles and has a great set of b-sides.
That might be the best approach. Side A - best of Bonfire. Side B - best of Without Music. Use the throwaways like Kerouac, Telephone etc as b-sides. The worst thing he could do is come back with a mediocre album

Going by what happen with 'World Peave', I would expect Morrissey to include drek like 'Notre Dame' and 'Kerouac's Buttcrack' on the combined main album tracklisting, and relegate all the decent tracks to the bonus disc.

That might be the best approach. Side A - best of Bonfire. Side B - best of Without Music. Use the throwaways like Kerouac, Telephone etc as b-sides. The worst thing he could do is come back with a mediocre album
Perfectly sensible idea until you factor in taste; there are songs that some people adore but leave others cold. Telephone Rings and Notre Dame for example, I like. Never Again Will I Be A Twin and Darling I... to me are magnificent, but I know there are plenty folk who just about ignore these songs.
Flip side: I am mystified that Vauxhall is considered by so many to be the best Mozzer album.

Like someone said, the worst he could do now, after all the bad press, all the embarrassments, is to come back with a mediocre album. If that’s all he can do, it’s better to not release anything at all. And sure, what’s mediocre or not is somewhat subjective, but at the same time it’s not. Even he must hear the difference in quality between ’Now My Heart is Full’ and ‘Love Is On It’s Way Out’, ‘TFOTGTD’ and ‘The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel’.

How would he bounce back from yet another patchy album slated by the critics and the record-buying public?

I think we are more likely to get an announcement about him retiring than we are to get any news about either of these albums being released.

For Sharon, Volume 1
For Sharon, Volume 2
Crying In The Arms of Sharon
... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera
“Crying In The Arms of Sharon” is a magnificent title.

Aww, yes. It really is.
thesmiths_1985_CITAOS.png

That's just fake news from the homophobic, racist, fascist ex-NME writers.

Eeh, thanks for putting my mind at ease, good man. I thought it was true - I used to live for the NME when I was a young un, and Sounds, and Melody Maker. Now, older, I realise they were just peddlers of b.s.

Really wanna hear that Moz and Iggy song
Ha Ha Harlem.
Iggy's been sayin' stuff like the song has a
"mystique" to it and that the song, is
"f***in' slammin' ".
When did Iggy talk about HHH? On his most recent show, describing his playlist, he commented that he was walking "the path of wilful obscurity"! Do you think Morrissey would like his own radio show? I think he would, and he'd be a riveting unpredictable listen, both for music choices and remarks, although it could take a few shows for him to get into his stride ⏺️

Tags
album bonfire of teenagers poll without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom