Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not of the opinion that artists "owe" their fans an explanation or anything else really, but in this case some accounting, some statement – with whatever corroborating detail necessary – would be better than nothing.

Some people are probably understandably beyond forgiveness and understanding. For those who are willing to stick around – and for new unconverted fans, the insurance companies, the record companies with whom Morrissey still wants to do business, some kind of explanation would be appreciated. It would demonstrate a level of seriousness and commitment.

I wouldn't have expected that, even if the arenas seemed far too big from a distance and the advance booking was obviously disastrous. The concerts must have been connected to an anniversary release of Quarry later in the year and maybe the option to release both LPs from the vaults 24/25. Not having any of the original Quarry musicians on board and relying on the fragile new band didn't really inspire confidence. This has nothing to do with Trump or Melanie. He posts memorials for the dead 2-3 times a week. Things look really bad.

This sucks but at least I am not stuck at The Greek Theater when he walked off staged because it was cold and it took forever to get out.

Apparently… it’s because the band hasn’t rehearsed the songs. I wonder who’s behind this. None of the members from quarry are in the band now. And I’m sure that’s a blow to the ego of a very sensitive guitar player….
How do you know this?

Of course they were always going to be cancelled. Considering Moz and the band have barely changed the setlist over the last few years did anyone really think they would learn an ENTIRE ALBUM'S worth of material they've never played/heard before??

Still - I hear Viva Morrissey will be playing the album in full at his forthcoming gigs (I suspect that the real Moz stole the idea from him in the first place!)
It’s only 12 songs?

I don't know, but are the costs of canceling a concert greater for the artist than playing for the audience in unsold out venues ? :unsure:
anybody who has been coming here for a very long time will remember the black curtains being drawn at venues to hide the empty sections,he has always had shows which werent sold out.

The only rational and acceptable reason for canceling these anniversary performances could be a sudden serious breakdown in the health of Morrissey himself or one of the band members. Any other reason is pure scumbaggery towards the fans. But we probably won't find out what it really is. :(

He did just one in NY, didn’t he?

I think he overestimated the audiences these special shows would attract. And these special shows were out of character to begin with. Maybe he was persuaded to do them and has come to regret it.

It’s a shame as I would really have loved to see more of these special shows in the future. Chances are zero now.
He did all four shows in New York.

How do you know this?
Why do you believe such nonsense? Just shows the damage that can, probably has, been done by false information left scattered around this website for many years 😥

I think booking smaller, intimate venues for shows would be ideally better for now. You attract a smaller crowd, but book more nights in the same venue. 🤔

Another bizarre cancelation for both dates was predicted once these" out of nowhere shows" were announced...all about the money nowadays with poor ticket sales and management kamikazing mozi's career...please release new album already this is getting ridiculous!

A canceled Morrissey show? I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you. On the bright side, probably don't have too many refunds to issue.

Another low for Moz - it's been a total shitshow the last few years.

I'm disappointed these gigs got cancelled because I was intrigued to see what he'd actually do. He's never done an "album tribute" gig before, so the idea he was going to play all of Quarry seemed fanciful. We'll never know.

The only way forward for him would be to tour a classic album in full & then do a set of greatest hits. He's just totally adverse to anything helpful. Self sabotage strikes again.

I'm not going to rant as we don't know the reason but Moz seems to literally be cancelling himself far more efficiently than any woke unicorns could. This is gas considering only a day or two ago Moz Official on Facehugger was asking what's your favourite Quarry song. What a debacle.
In a normal world we'd have a Quarry + b-sides global tour with vinyl reissue.

The only rational and acceptable reason for canceling these anniversary performances could be a sudden serious breakdown in the health of Morrissey himself or one of the band members. Any other reason is pure scumbaggery towards the fans. But we probably won't find out what it really is. :(
My guess is it’s artist’s block; that he isn’t feeling it’s the right time to sing the Quarry concerts.

Sorry for those who had tickets for the shows, it sucks 😞
And a big hug to Moz....i'm sure he must feel bad and lonely and distressed having to cancel these shows...

Back
Top Bottom