Brendan Buckley drumming for Lol Tolhurst (The Cure) & Budgie (Siouxsie & the Banshees)- US tour in May / June

I’m excited to be joining Lol Tolhurst, Budgie, and Jacknife Lee for their show tonight at the Casbah in San Diego. Drums, drums, drums!!! #curiouscreatures @LolTolhurst @cruelworldfest @curecreatures

Twitter - Link

GMgX2ayXgAA9RuJ

Last edited by a moderator:
like brendan,seems like a good guy.
his current group cant sit around waiting on dates to be announced,everyday without a concert is a day without a wage.

Maybe he has a different drummer lined up or he’s doing the gigs to backing tracks like Ian Brown did (hopefully not) or they simply aren’t going to happen.
Ironically Ian Brown needs a vocal track instead of him singing live, which he cannot do.

Last edited:
for me, they don’t need to be technically great, it helps, but it’s a certain character and feel you get from the drummer, which is important to me. So my favorite 3, in order are …

1. Andrew Paresi
2. Spencer Cobrin
3. Brendan Buckley

Ironically Ian Brow needs a vocal track instead of him singing live, which he cannot do.

I agree, I went to his big outdoor gig at Platts Field in Manchester but only because New Order offshoot Bad Lieutenant were supporting, I was quite looking forward to seeing him but he was absolutely shocking and we left half way through his set.

I agree, I went to his big outdoor gig at Platts Field in Manchester but only because New Order offshoot Bad Lieutenant were supporting, I was quite looking forward to seeing him but he was absolutely shocking and we left half way through his set.
The Stone Roses are one of my top three bands of all time and I love his solo stuff, but it had to be said. I heard the reason for his pitchy vocals was because John Squire had his guitar up so loud playing live but that doesn't excuse his poor vocals as a solo artist. To make things more bizarre there are live performances where his vocals are perfect. Was the festival where Brown played a band or a backing track?

I love that Bad Lieutenant album Never Cry Another Tear. This is Home is a stunning track.

The Stone Roses are one of my top three bands of all time and I love his solo stuff, but it had to be said. I heard the reason for his pitchy vocals was because John Squire had his guitar up so loud playing live but that doesn't excuse his poor vocals as a solo artist. To make things more bizarre there are live performances where his vocals are perfect. Was the festival where Brown played a band or a backing track?

I love that Bad Lieutenant album Never Cry Another Tear. This is Home is a stunning track.
He was with a band. BL opened with This is Home at all the gigs I saw them at, it's a brilliant song.

I don't care. You're just another session drummer.
What an idiotic statement. People would die to be "another session drummer" like Brendan and to play with the artists that he has, and to be as talented as he is. You're not a musician anyway, that's for sure.

What an idiotic statement. People would die to be "another session drummer" like Brendan and to play with the artists that he has, and to be as talented as he is. You're not a musician anyway, that's for sure.

So true, you have to be highly skilled on your instrument to be a session musician and also have a talent for getting along with people in many different situations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom