Brooklyn Vegan: "The Alchemist & Hit-Boy's new EP has a song called "Morrissey"" (February 1, 2024)

The Alchemist & Hit-Boy's new EP has a song called "Morrissey"

Fleeting mention in the track.
BV 'article' is just a paragraph.
FWD.

UPDATE Feb. 4:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
These would be appear to be the "relevant" lyrics in the track:

I'm just lettin' off the Porsche steam (Pssh)
Your money dried up like a creek, I got a forest stream
Meat and potatoes, I don't do too much chorusing
Gave me the penthouse 'cause they thought that I was Morrissey
(Yeah, that's me, but look now)

[Nope, me neither]

Another report, for what it's worth, with them dodgy gloves n' all

Lyrics

Last edited:
iv never seen the point of rap,its just talking usually very quickly to music,remember M spoke about it years ago,not for me but each to their own.

What an absolute 4cking pile of shite.
This isn’t music.
It’s just some gobshite yelling over a backing track, which has no doubt, been sampled/ stolen from some obscure 1970s minor hit.
Just awful, really awful.

I like it. Probably just chose 'Morrissey' to fit with the other lines. He still has a place in culture, of course.

Hip-hop and rock, both with all their genres and styles and branches, are like two separate families. Long lineages, distantly related. Wouldn't judge one by the standards of the other. Some people are too narrow-minded!

These would be appear to be the "relevant" lyrics in the track:

I'm just lettin' off the Porsche steam (Pssh)
Your money dried up like a creek, I got a forest stream
Meat and potatoes, I don't do too much chorusing
Gave me the penthouse 'cause they thought that I was Morrissey
(Yeah, that's me, but look now)

[Nope, me neither]
Thanks. You saved me having to listen to what I already know is absolute bollocks. Amazes me why this muck makes the Moz Solo front page.

Horrible garbage that could hardly be called "music". Rap was invented so untalented morons could pretend to be artists. Ear vomit.

The Alchemist is an excellent producer! This was one of my favourite rap songs when it was released back in ‘04:

I loved the atmosphere of it; mainly because of The Alchemist’s production. It’s an honour for Morrissey to get name-dropped in one of his songs!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom