Brooklyn Vegan: "The Alchemist & Hit-Boy's new EP has a song called "Morrissey"" (February 1, 2024)

The Alchemist & Hit-Boy's new EP has a song called "Morrissey"

Fleeting mention in the track.
BV 'article' is just a paragraph.
FWD.

UPDATE Feb. 4:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really disappointed the lyrics don't say how they were all HUGE Moz fans once but of course their views no longer align with those of Morrissey...

The Alchemist & Hit-Boy's new EP has a song called "Morrissey"

Fleeting mention in the track.
BV 'article' is just a paragraph.
FWD.

UPDATE Feb. 4:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Another useless pile of shit! Who cares??

Sounds delightful…… if I only could understand 😃
Leo García is an Argentinian singer who is a super fan of Moz and he wrote that song for him. When Moz came to Argentina Moz sang part of the song, the chorus, Leo almost died when Morrissey sang his song which is called "Morrissey". It talks about two "friends" who always get together to listen to Moz, one of them has a girlfriend.... Then the song goes: Will your girlfriend know that we listened to Morrissey? She listens to dj music, she doesn't know who Morrissey is and etc. Clearly the friends meet secretly to listen to Morrissey, the girlfriend in question knows nothing...... It's the central idea of the song. You can also translate it Ja ja letra ingeniosa .

The song is not remotely about Morrissey. Which is fine. It seems like his name was just plugged in because it fit. If anything it shows how ingrained in pop culture he is. However, in my travels I am surprised how many people have never heard of Morrissey.

Why, oh why, he refuses to post my version of Notre Dame played on the spoons I will never know...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom