"Came Here For" - mystery solved

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Sorry if this has been posted before, I can't find a record...

Anyway, there's been a song title in the composer databases - "Came Here For", which lists Morrissey & Marr as co-composers. I thought I'd have a look to see if anything was out there, so to speak. ASCAP lists the composers as Andrew Christopher Finch, Aaron Gilbert, Johnny Marr, Steven Morrissey and Nick Wood. This shows up in other databases too. Quick searched show the other composers to be dance producers. Remember DJ Rumpus' Bigmout, which samples, err...Bigmouth? A bit like that. However, crucially, the artist is listed as "3 Seas". A quick search later brings up this page. Preview the first track - nothing there, but preview the b-side mix, and all is revealed - the b-side mix samples How Soon Is Now, and that's why Marr & Morrissey are listed as co-composers. It looks like it was recorded in 2002.

I've already got my anaorak on, so don't ask.

Peter

Anyway, there's been a song title in the composer databases - "Came Here For", which lists Morrissey & Marr as co-composers. I thought I'd have a look to see if anything was out there, so to speak. ASCAP lists the composers as Andrew Christopher Finch, Aaron Gilbert, Johnny Marr, Steven Morrissey and Nick Wood. This shows up in other databases too. Quick searched show the other composers to be dance producers. Remember DJ Rumpus' Bigmout, which samples, err...Bigmouth? A bit like that. However, crucially, the artist is listed as "3 Seas". A quick search later brings up this page. Preview the first track - nothing there, but preview the b-side mix, and all is revealed - the b-side mix samples How Soon Is Now, and that's why Marr & Morrissey are listed as co-composers. It looks like it was recorded in 2002.

Peter

Fabulous work solving a riddle I didn't know existed. :o

It's good to know you're out there, Peter.

Peter

Gold star for Skinny! Nice work, detective.

Cheers,
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom