Definition of USURY from Genesis chapter 1, verse 1

A

Anarchy in the UK

The scumbags of the earth will prey on the poor and loan money to the unfortunate who can ill afford to pay back on such unmitgated terms.

However, they may care to sacrifice a pound of flesh.

Shakespeare.....in the 16th century.

No lessons learned then!

Hitler.....20th century.

Oh and sod off Theo...Palestine was there first...look at the map!

Re: Oh and sod off Theo...Palestine was there first...look at the map!

so much hate such little time

> so much hate such little time
It's not about hate. It's about injustice.

> It's not about hate. It's about injustice.
Anyway, he started it.

> It's not about hate. It's about injustice.

Yes i agree but you don't seem to be focusing in on the actual guilty parties in this crime. Just the group of people associated with the occupation. Differences must be made between Isreali's, Outsiders who are zionists, and those jews who are indifferent or anti-isreal.

> Yes i agree but you don't seem to be focusing in on the actual guilty
> parties in this crime. Just the group of people associated with the
> occupation. Differences must be made between Isreali's, Outsiders who are
> zionists, and those jews who are indifferent or anti-isreal.

Hmm. Maybe I'm too drunk to get what you're saying....

Why must one be "anti-Israel"?

I'm anti some things Israel does, but then I'm anti things every country does, including the good old USA. I don't consider myself "anti-Israel," or for that matter, anti-Palestinian.

The majority of Isrealis are decent people who want nothing more than peace.

If I were to make my list of countries that are up to evil, there'd be an awful lot I'd name before I got to Israel. In fact, looking at the world as a whole, Israel has a comparitively good record. Oh, but I understand everyone's supposed to view Israel as the most evil country on earth and ignore all the other evils in the world.

Yeah, whatever. Up until the elections in Iraq, Israel was the one and only democracy in the Middle East.

Also, of course, there are more parties involved in the conflict in Israel than just Israel.

I realize I'm one of the few on this forum who even cares about Israel's side in their conflict with their neighbors, and that only makes me wonder about what kind of one-sided news people around here read. It would seem, to you, that you take it as an assumption that all "good" people are "anti-Israel," and the only good Jews are those who are "indifferent" or "anti-Israel."

I sort of care about both sides, but to me it all seems like madness. i can't understand it.

> Hmm. Maybe I'm too drunk to get what you're saying....

> Why must one be "anti-Israel"?

> I'm anti some things Israel does, but then I'm anti things every country
> does, including the good old USA. I don't consider myself
> "anti-Israel," or for that matter, anti-Palestinian.

> The majority of Isrealis are decent people who want nothing more than
> peace.

> If I were to make my list of countries that are up to evil, there'd be an
> awful lot I'd name before I got to Israel. In fact, looking at the world
> as a whole, Israel has a comparitively good record. Oh, but I understand
> everyone's supposed to view Israel as the most evil country on earth and
> ignore all the other evils in the world.

> Yeah, whatever. Up until the elections in Iraq, Israel was the one and
> only democracy in the Middle East.

> Also, of course, there are more parties involved in the conflict in Israel
> than just Israel.

> I realize I'm one of the few on this forum who even cares about Israel's
> side in their conflict with their neighbors, and that only makes me wonder
> about what kind of one-sided news people around here read. It would seem,
> to you, that you take it as an assumption that all "good" people
> are "anti-Israel," and the only good Jews are those who are
> "indifferent" or "anti-Israel."

> I sort of care about both sides, but to me it all seems like madness. i
> can't understand it.

It's easier to understand when you discover that a substantial amount of Muslim hatred at Israel has little to do with an occupation. They consider all of Israel an "occupation" and want Jews - who have been there since before there was an Islam - wiped off the face of the earth.

What I can't understand is the continued and rising anti-semitism in England. Perhaps their media gets people whipped into a frenzy, telling them Israel is supposedly the worst of the worst. If the same standard applied to Israel as every other country, Israel, IMO, would have to be considered one of the good countries of the world. A different standard applies to Israel and it's not complicated to figure out why.

Perhaps the obsessive focus on the supposed "evil" of Israel in England while ignoring far worses "bad guys" stems from the England feeling increasingly powerless after the downfall of their empire. They look with resentment as, of all people, Jews - who suffered more than anyone in WW2, and towards whom Europeans have centuries old hatreds - are becoming more powerful and more able to stand up for themselves. For whatever reason, many Europeans can't abide Jews being able to stand up for themselves. And in just a few decades, on a teeny piece of land, Israel has made itself into something successful and able to defend itself. Britain, meanwhile, is on a track to becoming little more than an outlying branch of a doomed European Union.

Back
Top Bottom