Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
That's disgusting. I'm really sorry that happened to you.

Although this isn't nearly as bad as your situation, a few months ago I was at a Luby's with friends. There was this old man with a walker who was trying to get in through the doors. However, he wasn't able to get the door open completely, and everytime he would get it a little more open the door would just slam shut on him repeatedly. Many people walked past him. No one helped. Finally, my friend waded through several people to get to the door and open it for the man. In the time it took him to get through the people, someone could have opened the door.

That makes me so sad. My father uses a walker and I am like his bodyguard- I will NOT have anyone make fun of him or try to get in his way. When I was a kid I made fun of the elderly, especially that commercial, "I've fallen and I can't get up". :tears: I feel so ashamed now. But if anyone messes with my dad, they'll have ME to contend with.

That's disgusting. I'm really sorry that happened to you.

Although this isn't nearly as bad as your situation, a few months ago I was at a Luby's with friends. There was this old man with a walker who was trying to get in through the doors. However, he wasn't able to get the door open completely, and everytime he would get it a little more open the door would just slam shut on him repeatedly. Many people walked past him. No one helped. Finally, my friend waded through several people to get to the door and open it for the man. In the time it took him to get through the people, someone could have opened the door.

No.

Most people let you down.

I have more faith in animals.
Unquestionably, I have much more faith in animals. I have a Maine Coon Cat, Kit, and she loves me with unconditional love. She always knows how to make me feel better when I am depressed or upset. She climbs on my stomach and works her way up to my neck, and protectively puts her paws on either sides of my neck and looks so regal. I don't trust people who don't like animals.

Unquestionably, I have much more faith in animals. I have a Maine Coon Cat, Kit, and she loves me with unconditional love. She always knows how to make me feel better when I am depressed or upset. She climbs on my stomach and works her way up to my neck, and protectively puts her paws on either sides of my neck and looks so regal. I don't trust people who don't like animals.

My main cat is a Maine Coon Cat, Kit.
Kit is a Maine Coon, she's my main cat.

there's almost a tongue-twister there, but it needs work. :p

I have absolute faith in humanity. People will always do wrong, it's human nature (chica's next poll!?), but it only takes one act of goodness to prove my faith. I see good and bad everyday, but I believe that human beings are intrinsically well-intentioned.

Coiff.

EDIT: The result of this poll is not a huge surprise, on Morrissey-Solo...

The majority of evil deeds are perpetrated by the minority. Unfortunately, some of this minority are also the power brokers of the world. Ordinary people in general are good, kind and helpful - or at least they aspire to be. There is no one without fault.

Last edited:
The majority of evil deeds are perpetrated by the minority. Unfortunately, some of this minority are also the power brokers of the world. Ordinary people in general are good, kind and helpful - or at least they aspire to be. There is no one without fault.

They're sheep-like, though. What's the use of being good if you can let yourself be fooled that bad is good?

I have absolute faith in humanity. People will always do wrong, it's human nature (chica's next poll!?), but it only takes one act of goodness to prove my faith. I see good and bad everyday, but I believe that human beings are intrinsically well-intentioned.

Coiff.

I am unsure at times but I would very much like to agree with Coiff.

Coiff.

I also have faith in humanity; I believe that most people are genuinely inspired to do the right thing.
Perhaps I will start the same poll on the Disney Forums, and compare the results. ;)

They're sheep-like, though. What's the use of being good if you can let yourself be fooled that bad is good?

Primarily don't let yourself be fooled. Just believe that people are basically good. It's a simple premise,but at the end of the day being good makes you feel good. Once you learn that, then its hard to be bad. I realise that that is a gross over simplification, but once humanity as a whole takes on the kindergarten concept thats its nice to be nice then...........

Exactly. It's why people get upset when you say that the policies of our President are not the policies of our Constitution. It makes the world a scary place when you take that responsibility to see that there's really no one nice and soothing running the show for you.

Exactly. It's why people get upset when you say that the policies of our President are not the policies of our Constitution. It makes the world a scary place when you take that responsibility to see that there's really no one nice and soothing running the show for you.

Well, can you imagine then, what its like being from another country knowing full well that the actions of your voters and your President will effect us all, and not even having a say? Ireland is so dependent on US investment and Industry - and the weak dollar is making all the companies here feel the pinch.. FFS even my wages come from New York

I say yes alone just for being the fortunate recipient of a completely selfless act of humanity...but little things have always made a big difference to me too. It's key to be aware of those things and to acknowledge them. It's always been my nature to make other people happy (it's really what makes me happiest) and I hope that the love I take is equal to the love I make ;) People are generally good and mean well and many go out of their way to make those small differences in the lives of others. Imagine if everyone did one nice, compassionate thing on a daily basis...it'd be contagious ;) Practice random acts of kindness!! :)

I say yes alone just for being the fortunate recipient of a completely selfless act of humanity...but little things have always made a big difference to me too. It's key to be aware of those things and to acknowledge them. It's always been my nature to make other people happy (it's really what makes me happiest) and I hope that the love I take is equal to the love I make ;) People are generally good and mean well and many go out of their way to make those small differences in the lives of others. Imagine if everyone did one nice, compassionate thing on a daily basis...it'd be contagious ;) Practice random acts of kindness!! :)

Brava - this could be contagious. Just do one good deed for the day - you might inspire someone to do the same

Well, can you imagine then, what its like being from another country knowing full well that the actions of your voters and your President will effect us all, and not even having a say? Ireland is so dependent on US investment and Industry - and the weak dollar is making all the companies here feel the pinch.. FFS even my wages come from New York

We all feel it, and we're all hoping that things get better. it probably won't happen until after the election. The good thing is that whoever the next President is, it will be an improvement. I also think that people can be more resourceful than they think, and lean times may lead to innovation. Stay positive about it as it has a real effect.

Back
Top Bottom